Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR: JITTER

We fear what we most desire
-Harley King

It's the weekend so our schedule was a bit different, there were no classes but we still decided to go on the run.

On the run, Jasper appears to trip over nothing, shouts "Fuck!" right before stumbling head first into what is literally the only pole around. He jumps back up like nothing happened, turning to face me with a 'that fucking hurt' expression before tumbling down onto the sidewalk.

"Wow-" I squeak. "-you're the only person who's wiped out faster than me while running and you don't even have an excuse. You're just clumsy."

The reason I'm not worried so much as amused, is that Adonis is probably the clumsiest human alive, followed quickly by Noelle and then my mama.

Jasper will be fine.

Those minty eyes lock onto mine, "I got distracted."

I know the feeling, I think to myself -my mind now only wanting to constantly think about my roommate. He went from being one of my distractions to me needing a distraction from him.

He's just a black haired boy with mint green eyes so why am I more addicted to him than I would be a drug?

This might just be because he's hot and makes my life ten times easier but I think it's more than that.

Moving fast has never been one of my objectives, I've never liked moving fast, never liked the gay stereotype that we meet and two days later want to move in together.

Yet, to be fair to myself, we've already moved in together.

So we're well past that point.

"Jasper?" His head snaps up to me from where he was fixing his shoe laces, features expectant. Nope, not saying anything about how easy it would be to be together. "Be careful."

The musician grins sheepishly. "I'm trying."

Scoffing, I shake my head. "No, you're not. You can play so many instruments-" I squeak. "-that it's impossible not for you to have control of your body. If you were trying, you wouldn't trip. Also, if you were being careful, you definitely would've gotten distracted by...what were you distracted by?"

Speaking, I stand in front of the crouching boy -it's not a big height difference this way, which is almost upsetting.

Then I take in how close I am to him, and it doesn't matter so much anymore.

"Well, urm, your, uh..." Jasper gulps, turning a bit red before squeaking out, "Your ass?"

Smirking, I shake my head, more than amused but the oblivious musician flushes more. I can only watch him make himself more flustered by just watching me react.

Of course, I can tell that we went from strangers, to friends for a second before we went to that awkward place between friendship and flirtationship, but he acts like he doesn't.

So I decide to have fun with it, "If my ass was distracting you, you should have said something sooner." Playfully looking him up and down, I tap on his chest to send him sitting back how he was when he was tying his laces. "I could have let you run in front."

Shrugging, I give him one last glance before running again -making my beet red roommate scramble after me to try and catch up.

If this was a race, I'd definitely win.

Though I do say "Bit hot innit." and "Mother-duckling!" as well as my arm shaking, I'm still not as chaotic as the stumbling red giant next to me, which I'm somehow grateful for.