Chapter 12: A Bad Feeling

Chapter 12: A Bad Feeling

Annie and Gwen have been crying the past few days. I've heard them crying a few times and they've tried to hide it from me. The past few days had been chaotic. The year 2020 is nothing but sad and full of chaos. More problems just keep arising, it's scary.

The past few days have been rainy and windy. Archer had told me one time about the news of a huge typhoon called Ulysses. The year just keeps getting worse than it already is.

But anyways, Annie and Gwen's family have been affected by the typhoon. Not just them, but more people. My heart goes out to them. They couldn't go and they can't do anything for them.

I had spoken on the phone with my parents in the morning and they told me that the eye donation has already arrived in the Philippines. It is now in the hospital and the day after tomorrow, I could have my surgery. I was ecstatic at the news and can't wait. I'm so thankful and I can't thank Angela enough. I also took that chance to talk with my parents about donation for the people affected by the typhoon.

"Annie," I told her while she was braiding my hair, "I'd like to help and donate goods to the victims of Typhoon Ulysses."

She stops braiding my hair, making me confused. That's when I hear her sobbing behind me. This time, she wasn't even trying to hide and be silent about it. I know that even after what her family have done to her, she still cares for them no matter what. I remember Gwen having a younger sibling with a disability as well. Right now, it must be so hard and I just want to help them the best I can.

I feel Annie drop on the floor near my knee, holding my hand. She was sobbing and shaking while I just sit there calmly. "Thank you so much...for your help."

Smiling a little, I put my hand over hers, saying, "You don't have to thank me, Annie. We must help each other during these hard times."

***

"That was sweet of you," Archer said, standing beside me at the front door as Annie and Gwen got into the white van to go take care of my donations for the people affected by the typhoon.

It's raining hard here too. The wind caresses my skin, making me shiver.

Archer notices this because he suddenly pulls me closer to him. I try to act like it's not a big deal, but my face was warming up.

"See you later guys," Gwen shouted at us before shutting the car door close, driving out of the gate.

Aunt Melinda has not come home yet so it was just Archer and I with 1 guard who was positioned at the gate entrance. The other guard, who was also a driver, was the one who drove Annie and Gwen. Until my Aunt comes back, it is just us two.

When they left, we went back into the house and Archer let me sit down by the fireplace before running off to make us hot chocolate.

"Here you go. Careful," Archer said, handing me my mug of hot chocolate.

I feel him sit down on the carpet with me and we just sit there in silence.

"Thanks," I give him a small smile when he wraps a blanket around my shoulder.

"Hmm," He answered, "Hey buddy."

I feel Hunter settle down beside me and I pat his head gently, "Hey boy."

"It's almost Christmas," I brought up, thinking about how it's almost next year.

Time flies by so quickly and I wonder if it will be normal again by then. Or will things continue to get worse.