Chapter 18: The End

Chapter 18: The End

The egg yolk sun pours through the cracks in the blind and waits for entrance into my eyes. I open my eyes and quickly close them again as I sit up, rubbing the dreams away. Turning to my side, I see Archer burrowed into the warm, soft sheets. He rubbed the remainders of sleep from his eyes and gazed at me.

"Good morning," I told him happily, lying back down with him.

He smiles at me, "Good morning, Arrow."

I throw my leg over his lower body with a grin, curious about something, "What's the real reason you call me Arrow?"

He groans, hiding his face in embarrassment. I climb over him, looking down into his beautiful eyes. I give him a look, meaning I am waiting.

"It's corny," He admits before pushing me down on the bed. He hovers over my body as he says, "I call you arrow because you pierced me with your sharp words...and...you hit me here."

I stop breathing when he puts my hand across his bare chest, making me blush harder. "You touched my heart."

"...That was sweet," I said quietly, awkwardly pulling my hand away but he held it there, looking at me lovingly. He leans down, pecking me on the lips before sitting up. I sit up as well, dragging my feet off the bed, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and let out a loud yawn. I dangle my legs above the off-white polyester carpet, watching as Archer stands up, flexing his muscles.

"I'm taking a shower," I tell him, grabbing my towel.

"Can I join?" He asked me, making me laugh.

"Pft, I don't know. Can you?" I asked sarcastically before running into my bathroom to lock him out. He groans behind the door and I ignore him, taking a shower alone.

***

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas already. When I headed downstairs after getting dressed up in a green sweatpants and a white shirt, I look around to see the decorations. In the living room, our Christmas tree stood with its Christmas lights still on. There were gifts already under it and I smile at how beautiful they look.

"Come eat, dear," Nani smiled at me when she saw me.

I am so happy she is back with us. Their place finally let people out but they always have to observe social distancing and everything else. She had to make some requirements for her to come here to the city. She's back and I wish my parents could come home as well.

The distance is killing me.

"Where's Archer?" She asked when I started eating my breakfast.

"Taking a shower," I replied, stuffing pancakes into my mouth.

I look up to see Annie smiling in the corner as she looks at her phone. I cock a brow at her as she bounces her feet excitedly, making a heart sign with her fingers towards her phone. I hear someone speaking to her and it made her blush even harder.

"Nani," I look at her, "What is wrong with her?'

"Oh Annie," Nani laughed quietly, "She is talking to this guy she met on Omegle."

I nod at her with a smile, "You know, Christmas is tomorrow. You don't have to spend it with me. You can spend it with your family."

She laughs heartily, holding my hand, saying, "You are family, Caleesi dearest."

I shake my head, "I mean your real family."

"I wish mom and dad we're here too," I sigh sadly.