Chapter 15: When The Exes Show Up

Chapter 15: When the Exes show up

Standing in front of the mirror, I smile for the very first time. My hair rested on one side of my shoulder and I was wearing another yellow dress. I have so many dresses, but when I was blind, I was in the mood for black all the time. Now, I will wear all of them. I couldn't stop smiling, happy I can see again.

I miss seeing colours. I miss seeing the faces of my loved ones. I had a video call earlier with my parents and Nani together and they all couldn't stop smiling. Mother couldn't help but cry tears of joy. Father, on the other hand, was still a bit upset about hearing what happened to me. According to news, they might start letting flights into the country, but no one is allowed to leave the country.

"Where did Archer go?" I asked Annie when I went downstairs for breakfast.

"He had to go to the city for something important," She answered, "He did make you breakfast though."

I was having pancakes and egg omelette for breakfast. Smiling, I start to dig into my food. It is almost Christmas. It is so fast. I want to do something this Christmas since last time I missed out.

"Oh, the donations were sent," Annie informed me, "Thank you so much, Miss Caleesi."

I give her a smile, "Your welcome. Where's Aunt Melinda?"

"She went outside a few minutes ago," She answered.

After having breakfast, I walk outside to the garden. I always spent my time here before, just staring ahead or at the sky. Looking up, I squint, blinking at how bright the sun is. I miss this feeling. There were butterflies flying around, making it more magical. I head over to the tree that I used lay under, putting my good hand on the bark.

I take a deep breath, enjoying my time outside. That was until I caught my Aunt Melinda talking to someone outside of the gate. Moving closer, I realize who it was she was talking to.

"Sloan," I say her name quietly, looking at her face.

What is she doing here? I thought.

Walking outside of the gate, I walk over to where they were talking. It's like they were trying to keep this meeting a secret, seeing how they reacted when I showed up. Aunt Melinda curses under her breath, looking down on the ground while my ex- best friend rolled her eyes, about to walk away.

"Stop right there," I ordered her.

She stops walking, turning around with a fake smile plastered on that plastic face of hers, saying, "Oh hi bestie."

A smile on her face, she looked so unbothered. She wore a short skirt with strapless top and high heels. Behind her, there was a white car with someone sitting inside. I wonder who it was, but waved it off, focusing on Sloan.

"What brings you here?" I asked her.

She takes a step forward, a hand on her waist, "Came to meet your dear Aunt. She owes me something."

Glancing at my Aunt, I ask her, "What can you possibly owe her?"

"She owes me millions of pesos," Sloan smirked, making me sigh. "I'm here for it."

"I don't have the money right now," Aunt Melinda tells her, making me confused. She always spends so much, why would she borrow money from someone? Especially my ex best friend of all people?

"You know what happens when you don't give me what I'm here for," Sloan asked, eyes filled with deviltry, "...right?"

"I need more time," Aunt retorts.