Fall Selection Preliminaries

"So what do you plan on making for the preliminaries?"

  "Curry bread."

  "Curry bread? Really?"

  "Yeah. I like curry bread."

  "Didn't you also make a bread dish at the resort?"

  "Yeah, sakura bread with an omelette inside."

  "Are breads your specialty?"

  "No." I chuckled. "I'm not sure I even have a 'specialty'."

  "Really?"

  "Never really thought to find a specialty. I mean, at a diner you have to be well-rounded."

  "Mm, that's true."

  "So what are your summer plans?"

  "Basically just figure out how to make a curry dish that'll win." Soma rubbed the back of his neck. "What about you?"

  "Same thing. My curry bread is already pretty good, but I could do better." I paused while turning to the redhead. "You know, if we go up against each other, I won't pull my punches."

  "I'd prefer it that way. I won't hold back, either." He raised his fist, and I bumped my knuckles against his.

  "Good."

~

  "Soma, what did you say to her this time?" I questioned while watching Mito run away from the redhead.

  "Nothing bad, I swear."

  "It's a shame we're not in the same block. But Ryo and I wish you all the best. Come on, Ryo, say something."

  "'Sup."

  "Aw, wishing me the best? Don't tell me my sakura bread really won you over that fast." I playfully swung my arm over her shoulders, and her cheeks went red.

  "No! I said 'you all'! Not just you!"

  "Oh? Alice ate your food?" Soma rose his brows while smirking. "Did you come to profess your love for Gin?"

  "Wha- No!"

  "It's okay if you fell for 'em, a lot of people do after eating their food."

  "Oh-ho, do you want to eat my cooking again? Is that it?"

  "Ooo, Alice likes Gin!" Soma held a hand in front of his mouth while snickering as we were teasing the albino girl.

  "I do not!" Her entire face was red before she started smacking my shoulder like she would Ryo's back. "Your food isn't that good!"

  "I beg to differ. I just found out people actually call me the Concubus of Sakura Diner because of how my food seduces people."

  "That just sounds dirty." Alice's cheeks puffed out, and I smirked.

  "Maybe. Did you feel seduced?"

  "N-No!"

  "Oh, she definitely did! Look at that face!"

  "I did not!"

  "What about you, sleepyhead? How'd my food make you feel?"

  "What? Even Ryo had your cooking?"

  "Yeah, tell Gin how their food made you feel, Ryo." Alice crossed her arms. "You felt nothing, didn't you?"

  "....Warm."