Central

"Gin? What is all over you?" Soma was laughing as he grabbed my shirt sleeve covered in white powder.

  "While you were off having a Shokugeki, we were fighting off the punks trying to break into the dorm. Marui missed and hit me with one of the smoke bombs." I sighed while wiping some of the powder from my face. "I'm really glad this stuff is non-toxic."

  "How about you take a bath first tonight? You're leaving piles of dust everywhere." For emphasis, Soma pat my shoulder blade, sending up a puff of dust. "Pfff-" He laughed even harder.

  "Yeah, you should go get cleaned up, Gin. You look like a ghost." Megumi giggled.

  "And Marui can clean up the dust piles since it's his fault." Sakaki added as she handed a broom and dustpan to Marui.

  "I-It was an accident." He replied before being ushered out to start cleaning.

  "Thanks, guys."

  "You should go straight to the bath to not make a bigger mess. Someone will bring you clothes and leave 'em in your cubby." Yuki said while looking at the dust on the floor by my feet.

  "Right." I chuckled as I turned to leave. I tried to not leave a dust trail, but I knew some was still falling from my clothes and hair. When I got to the bath, I went right past the cubbies and into the tiled area.

  I set my shoes next to the door to be taken care of later before undressing. Dropping my clothes on the floor next to a drain, I grabbed a shower head to spray them down. The powder made the water murky going down the drain. When the water finally went clear, I wrung out my clothes and set them to the side.

  I sprayed myself down and rinsed out my hair before reaching for the soap. Taking a seat on a stool, I lathered my hair with shampoo.

  I was glad Kyokusei had been saved, but that meant Soma had beaten one of the Ten in a Shokugeki. How did he possibly manage that? How did he convince the judges to eat something they had zero intention of tasting?

  I'd have to ask Soma later because I really wanted to know what happened. We'd missed the broadcast due to Eizan's goons, and Soma had come back just as they were leaving.

  It was also funny- at least to me- when Fumio had come out with shields and helmets and those giant hoses. I wasn't expecting the matron of a dormitory to have those types of things, but then again, Totsuki was an....odd school. The things I experienced here sometimes made me wonder if my parents had gotten into similar shenanigans.

  Rinsing off all of the soap, I then climbed into the warm bath to relax. Resting my elbows on the edge of the vast tub, I let my head fall back to look at the ceiling. I found myself thinking how glad I was my parents had talked me into coming here.

  I'd learned so much and made some pretty good friends. I wanted to take the Sakura Diner to new heights, and this place was giving me the foundations to do so. But even if Kyokusei was now safe, the changes the new director was making were still an issue. If what was being cooked was decided by others, how was I supposed to hone my skills, work on what I lacked, and let my creativity come through?

  "Hey, Gin?" Soma's voice spoke up from the other side of the sliding door after he knocked.

  "What?" I looked toward the door as it slid open.

  "Brought your clothes and a towel." Soma popped in to set the towel on a stool near the door. "Also got your house slippers so you don't have to go barefoot."

  "Thank you."

  "Don't mention it." He smiled before the door closed. Even though I was covered by the edge of the tub and bathwater, I appreciated how Soma still avoided looking at me. He probably figured I wasn't that comfortable being naked around other people with how I never joined the communal bath times and was trying to let me have my privacy while still making sure I had what I needed. Walking out to the cubbies soaking wet and bare wasn't exactly ideal.