Advancement Exam

The clubs that had lost their Shokugekis not only had to disband but also had their buildings destroyed. Azami went at them with wrecking balls, completely tearing them down with the help of contractors. The classroom kitchens also weren't safe from Azami's changes either, and they became pristine and silver with the cooking stations placed in neat rows.

  I was beginning to suspect Azami was either a germaphobe or had OCD. It would make sense- nothing about him was out of place, always clean, and now he was making Totsuki reflect that as well. However, even if there were some perks to the neatness of things, I missed the color of the classroom now that everything was monochromatic.

  We were given recipes to follow to a T, and any deviations from them had to be scrapped and redone the 'proper' way. It was frustrating, to say the least.

  The good news, however, was how Mito had crushed her competition to save Bowl-Soc. She'd gone against Mea, and Kinoshi was crying and hollering like a proud parent. Megumi had also won her Shokugeki, getting a clean 3-0 against the giant in green. And her victory, along with Marui's, was cause for another celebration in the Kyokusei Dormitory.

  "We'll now start the 7th God's Tongue Taste Testing Festival!"

  "That name really is a mouthful." I muttered as the others were lining up in front of Erina with their dishes ready.

  "Yay!"

  "We're doing this again?"

  "Thank you!"

  "Fine, fine." Erina sighed.

  "Erina-sama has finally fit in with everyone else." Arato smiled while watching the taste testing commence.

  "I wonder who's here at this hour." Soma looked over his shoulder when the doorbell rang. He got up to go answer the door, and I took a drink of my tea.

  "Given first impressions, I wouldn't think Erina would be like a totally different person when she's relaxed."

  "This is what she's really like. Erina-sama is honestly a sweet girl." Arato sighed.

  "'Sweet' has yet to be seen." Takumi popped off.

  "Why don't you make her something to eat then? Maybe she'll be nicer to you if you make something good." I rose a brow at the blond, and he scoffed.

  "I didn't come here to cook and be judged by her."

  The atmosphere suddenly went tense as those behind us went quiet. I turned in my seat when Erina spoke, and my eyes widened when I saw who was standing in the doorway.

  "Father...." Erina looked terrified.

  "Wh-What do you want?" The others protectively stood in front of Erina.

  "Stay back! Don't come any closer!" Yuki warned as Arato stood in front of them with her arms outstretched.

  "New Director." Isshiki spoke up, donning only an apron once more, and Azami didn't seem fazed by it. "What brings you here?"

  "I came to see my daughter. Does that reason not suffice?"

  "We're in the middle of a celebration. Could I ask you to kindly leave?"

  "Erina, come here." Azami shot a cold look his daughter's way.

  "Nakiri!"

  "Erinacchi! Don't!"

  "I was wondering what all the fuss was about." Fumio stepped into the dining room with a displeased expression on her face. "You come all the way back to the academy doing whatever you want. Honestly, your insolence never ceases to amaze me, Nakamura."