God Tongue and Diner Demon

The fourth round was a heated battle starting out with Momo against Erina. The God Tongue made such a simple-looking dish in comparison to Momo, but she utterly crushed the shorter girl. Erina had even credited her dish's inspiration to Megumi and named it after her.

  However, after Erina's win, the competition was put on hold to make a change among the judges. Azami was upset by how much we were winning that he took the Bookmen off the panel. To replace the missing judges, he appointed himself along with two women Anne recognized as two other members from the WGO.

  After some pushback, Anne was able to remain on the panel of judges. Strangely enough, Rindo seemed to get pissed off by this change as well. She was irritable and hollering before finally serving up her dish.

  Takumi was right behind her with his tray, and the judges tasted his first. Once tasting Rindo's food, they didn't take long to pick a winner. Takumi has lost, putting us at 1-1 for this round.

  That left Isshiki and Eishi preparing their rabbit dishes, and their match would determine who would be left for the next bout. They were taking their time to prepare an amazing dish, and when they were done, Isshiki served his first.

  Despite how Isshiki's dish had entranced even the new judges with its smell alone, Eishi's hidden royale had decided his win. The only ones left on either side were Rindo and Eishi for Central, then Soma, Erina, and myself for the rebels.

  "This concludes today's matches." Urara announced. "As for tomorrow's Team Shokugeki, only a few chefs remain on each team. If one chef remains from each team tomorrow, we will conduct a sixth bout-"

  "Nay!" A booming voice interrupted from above. "The next battle, the fifth bout, will be the final match of the Team Shokugeki!"

  "Grandfather?!" Erina was just as shocked as every other spectator.

  "The next match is going to be the last?"

  "We're going to change the format. The chefs from each team will present two dishes. They will serve their dishes as a two-course meal. One dish will be an hors d'ouvre, the other a main dish."

  "Oh? So we'll be judging the dishes as a pair." Azami smiled while having his fingers laced together on the table.

  "Huh. That sounds fun."

  "Yeah."

  "You may use whatever ingredients you'd like, but the overall theme will be 'a truly gourmet multi-course meal'." The former director announced as he walked onstage. "Any objections?"

  "Excuse me!" I raised my hand, and attention turned to me. "How will this work with two chefs on one team and three on the other?"

  "Your presence will make no difference in the outcome of this Shokugeki." Azami popped off while looking at me with cold eyes. "You are simply not on par with the First and Second seats, nor are you anywhere near it." Soma had to grab my arm to stop me when I took a step forward and let my anger show in my expression. "You two don't mind Sakura making the numbers uneven, do you?" His gaze drifted to Rindo and Eishi.

  "The more, the merrier!" Rindo grinned with her pointed teeth showing.

  "I don't mind." Eishi replied.

  "Then I believe we are all in agreeance to this splendid idea." Azami smiled while closing his eyes. "A musical suite of gourmet prepared by Tsukasa and Koboyashi.... It'll be a treat to taste that at a competition. After all, the current Elite Ten consists of chefs that I believe embody the ideal of gourmet. But in her current state, Erina will not be able to create true gourmet food. I know that better than anyone."