Chapter 6: Wake-up shake

It is morning night in L.A. Kenny woke up early to head to the office. He drives his car to the office. As he drives, he turns on the radio. 

Radio: Good morning. It's just after 5:10. Didn't take long to get our first sig-alert this morning. You've got a jackknifed produce truck on the Westbound side of the 10 spreading tomatoes all over the roadway. One land open as Caltrans crews...

Kenny shakes his head at this. Some truck drivers can do stupid things when they drive. He continues listening to the radio as he drives to work. He also keep tabs on the subway trains, to see if any trains would go through MacArthur Park. He looks at his laptop, and watches a train leave from the MacArthur Park station at Westlake. He hopes nothing will happen to the train. Meanwhile, back at the park, the hatch to the sewer is open, and inside, Amy, Jennifer, and Rachel are in the storm drain. They're all wearing protective suits with oxygen tanks. They shine their flashlights all around, looking around in the storm drain. 

Jennifer: Wow. It looks like no water came through here in like...60 or 70 years. 

Amy: (Acting like an alien) Earthlings, we come in peace.

They all giggle at that. 

Jennifer: Look at all these dead roots. They've all been burnt up. Probably by the steam that happened yesterday morning. 

Amy: Gosh, these suits weigh a ton. I feel like I'm wearing a car.

Rachel: (Looks at the wall) Hey, look at this. (Rubs the wall with her gloved hand) 

Jennifer: What's that?

Rachel: Looks like sulfur. (Sniffs) I can smell it. It's everywhere. 

Amy: (Sees her flashlight dying) Ah, shoot! My flashlight's going out. 

Rachel: Could be traces of magnesium, nickel...what do you think?

Amy: Take some samples. That's how we'll find out. My battery's dead. Hold on a sec. 

Jennifer: Rachel, look. 

Rachel shines her flashlight at where Jennifer is looking at. They find the crack of where the gas came out of. 

Rachel: Hey.

They both walk over to the crack carefully. Amy looks up as she changes her battery in her flashlight. 

Amy: What? What do you both got?

Rachel: I don't know. 

Rachel stands over the crack, and kneels down. She takes samples around the crack. Jennifer watches as she stands beside her. 

Jennifer: Amy, I think we found the cause of the steam accident. 

Amy: What is it? 

Jennifer: A crack. It must be a steam vent. DWP had it right all along. 

They both look at Rachel, who continues taking samples from around the crack. 

Mojave Desert, 66 miles from Los Angeles, 5:14 am

In the Mojave Desert, it's all quiet as insects are buzzing. A sign is standing by a road that says, "Palmdale, 12 miles". Then, suddenly, Invader appears out of nowhere in a dark portal. He was informed of Maleficent, and told him he needs to give Mr. Volcano a helping hand with the volcano. Invader chuckles evilly. 

Invader: Time to bring in the rocking, and bring down the lights. 

He uses his incredibly super strength, and slams his fists on the ground really hard, creating a big powerful earthquake. Birds on a tree, feel it coming and fly away. And coyotes are howling in the air. And a loud rumbling is heard. The sign and trees begin shaking. Rocks from a rocky hill start falling down. Invader walks over the hill, and he comes in view of the city. He watches as the power in the entire city going off. He smirks.