Chapter 14: Victory is short-lived

Dawn is now breaking over the horizon on the city. Loud cheering is heard in the air. At the entrance of Wilshire, the firemen, police officers, and city workers are all cheering loudly as firemen honk their truck horns. The lava has completely dammed itself. Sora and his friends are smiling and laughing, along with Kai and his friends. Steam is still coming out of the dam lava as the fires on the buildings die off. The firemen close their hoses, and are celebrating their victory over the volcano. Mike, and Kenny are also smiling. 

Newsman: I don't believe this. It looks--it looks just possible that this whole thing may be nearing an end. 

Second newsman: It's working. This incredible gamble seems to be paying off. 

Lieutenant: (To Mike) Did we just beat this thing?

Mike: (Smiles) It looks like it.

Lieutenant: (Laughs) Flood control! 

Newsman: Ladies and gentlemen, it is a miracle of the miracle mile. 

Lieutenant: Hallelujah! 

Everyone continues cheering and clapping. Even the monsters, dragons, warrior, and fairy are also celebrating too. 

Newsman: Look at the faces of these people and these monsters. Look at these guys. It looks like they've done it. They have accomplished the impossible. 

Second newsman: They've beaten back mother nature. And claimed an extraordinary victory over the volcano. One last heroic stand here on the corner of Fairfax and Wilshire. 

Sora and his friends are celebrating. They hug each other. Kai and his friends join them with the monsters. They all cheer and laugh together, and hug each other.  

Toji: We did it, man! 

Sora: Yeah. We got the lava stopped. 

Toji: Did you guys also stop the lava at Stanley?

Riku: Yep. Almost half the neighborhood was gone, but we saved it. And nobody was killed. 

Kairi: And it's all thanks to us. 

Sora smiles at Kairi, and she smiles back. She kisses him on the lips. Kai and Momo smile at the sight, and turn to each other. They also kiss. Namine looks up in the air, and sees the ash is still coming down. And the smoke is still coming out of the volcano. She gets confuse. 

Namine: Wait, guys. If we did it, then why is the ash still coming down? And why is the volcano still releasing smoke? 

Everyone looks at her, and at the volcano. She was right. 

Goofy: It must be that monster. We need to find him and defeat him. Maybe that way, the volcano will shut down for good. 

Sae: Yeah. But something tells us it won't be easy for us. 

They hear someone shouting. They all look, and see the young man from Stanley on a fire truck. He's heading back for his street. He also has a fire helmet on. 

Young man: Yo, I always wanted to ride one of these things, man. Stanley Ave., here we come! Whoo whoo! 

He also sees the heroes looking at him. They all smile, and wave at him. He smiles, and waves back at them. 

Kai: Hey, what's your name?

Young man: It's Kevin, dude! Remember that! Thanks for saving my hood, bros! Whoo!

Kai: You're welcome!

The fire truck drives away, heading for Stanley Avenue. Kenny walks over to Kai, and hugs him. Kai hugs him back. 

Kenny: We got it, guys. We've done it. 

Mike walks over to them as everyone pats him on his shoulder. The telephone rings. He answers it. 

Mike: Roark. (To fireman) Hey, way to go. 

Amy on phone: How fast can you and Kenny get to the corner of Wilshire and Western? We got a problem. 

Mike: No, not anymore. We got it stopped. 

Amy on phone: The volume of ash coming down is way too high to think we're out of danger. 

Mike: Yeah? Well, how come it stopped?

Amy on phone: Well, maybe it didn't. Maybe it just went someplace else. 

Mike: Well, how do you know it didn't just stop?

Amy on phone: You know, I don't. But when Mount St. Helens blew, the force was 27,000-times greater than that of the Hiroshima bomb. Do you think that vent released anywhere near that much energy yet?

Mike: No. 

Amy on phone: Let's just assume we haven't seen the real bulk of the magma yet, ok? Trust me. Get down here. 

Where Amy and Jennifer at, they're at their jeep by a phonebooth. Amy hangs up the phone.

Amy: Shoot. 

Jennifer: What is it?

Amy: He's having doubts again. But he said they've got it stopped at Wilshire. That means the lava has dammed itself. 

Jennifer: That's good. (Sighs) But we need to worry about the lava beneath us. 

Amy: I know. 

Back at Wilshire, Mike told Kenny and the others what Amy told him. Kenny takes Kai and his friends with him in his car. Kai, Momo, Toji, and Sae call their monsters back in their cards. Sora and his friends hop on their monsters to ride. Goofy and Celtic Guardian ride on Curse of Dragon with Riku. Mike gets on a police motorcycle. He starts it, and rides off. 

Police officer: Hey, hey! Hey, that's my bike! 

Kenny drives away too, following Mike. Sora and his friends ride off on their monsters, following them. News choppers are all over the place, taping the events of what just happened. Donald is holding the small radio, listening to the news as they fly.

Newsman on radio: As crews battle the flow on Wilshire and Fairfax, emergency rooms at Cedars Sinai, Midway, and Kaiser Permanente hospitals have all reported that their staffs and supplies are being literally overwhelmed. 

Donald turns off the radio. Everyone heard the radio, and they know they must hurry before things can out of control. To Mr. Volcano's location, he's in the subway tunnel. He's in front of the rubble, looking at it. He sees more steam coming out of it. He smirks evilly as he touches it, letting fire burn the rubble.

Mr. Volcano: We may have lost the battle, but we will not lose the fiery war.

Here's the 14th chapter of Kingdom Hearts: Volcano. I know it's short again. I'm just following what chapters stop on the DVD. And the story is nearly done. Let me know what you all think of this chapter. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.