Chapter 9: The Stanley Avenue snake

The lava spreads all over Wilshire. The helicopter flies over it. The buildings by the Tar Pits are all burning inside. The lava is burning the abandoned cars, and the still burning truck, including the palm trees. Luckily, the lava can't reach the parking lot by the burning buildings. Firemen uses hoses on the burning building by the parking lot, trying to put out the fire. More lava continues coming out of the volcano, and there's no sign of Mr. Volcano. Sora and his friends listen to the radio by a police car. 

Radio: What can only be described as lava is now snaking his way down Stanley Avenue, just off Wilshire. 

Sora: (Gasps) Oh, no! That's a neighborhood! 

Goofy: People will die!

Toji: You guys go there and help them. We'll stay here with Kai's uncle. We'll call you if we need any help. 

They nod, and they run off to get to Stanley. Kai and his friends watch them run off to save the people. They can only hope they can save them. 

Stanley Avenue, off Wilshire, 5:41 am.

In Stanley, people are screaming in terror and panic as they run in fear. The lava has reached the neighborhood, and is starting to burn through the houses. Cars are driving away. Some little fireballs are raining down from the sky. Sora and his friends have arrived in the scene, and they all look around. They see some news people doing their business.

Newswoman: Jane, this is Stanley Avenue, just off Wilshire. The house behind me has just exploded into flames, and to put it bluntly, all heck is breaking loose. You can see the panic in residents' faces, the fear and the stress...

Newsman:...And god knows what it is, but something fiery is raining down from the sky. It's a war zone here. 

A man catches on fire and he falls down on the ground to roll. Sora and his friends run everywhere to help the people. Goofy runs to the man on fire, and help him roll to put the fire. Namine looks around, and she sees a woman being held back by a girl. She looks at her house, and sees a dog barking inside. 

Woman: My dog is in there!

Girl: You can't go in there! 

Woman: But my dog is in there! Bill! Come here, boy! Come on, Bill! 

Namine sees the lava reaching the corner of the house, and the corner catches on fire. The clothes on a cloth hang also catch on fire. Namine gasps as she thinks the poor dog is gonna die. 

Woman: My dog is in there! Bill!

Girl: He'll be okay. He'll be okay!

Namine: Oh, no. I gotta do something. 

Just then, her card glows. She looks, and then, the Kuriboh monster appears. He makes a hoot noise as he looks at Namine.

Namine: Kuriboh!

He hoots again as he looks at the house. Namine looks at the house, and then with a determined look, she runs towards the house. She runs past the woman and girl. They see him. 

Girl: Hey, where are you going?!

Namine runs to the front door with Kuriboh floating beside her. Roxas and the others see her running through the door as she opens it and closes it. 

Roxas: Namine, no!

Riku: What is she doing?! She's gonna be herself killed!

In the house, she looks around for the dog.

Namine: Bill! Where are you?

Bill runs to her from the window. He barks at her. She picks him up, and is about to run to the front door.