Chapter 7: Fire in the sky

Back in the gummi ship, the heroes all get up from the quake. Sora groans as he gets up. 

Sora: Is everybody okay?

Riku: Yeah. We're okay.

Kairi: (Panting, hugs Sora) That earthquake was so horrible. 

Namine: Yeah...My gosh, I never felt a powerful earthquake like that before. 

Donald: We'd better go check out the city to see what damage it caused.

Goofy: Good idea.

Jiminy: While you're doing that, I'll contact the king and let him that the ship is damage.

Roxas: Oh, man. He's right. Those rocks hit the ship hard. The power in here still works, but the engines are damage. We're not going anywhere.

Goofy: Oh, gosh. Not for a while.

Sora: Guys, maybe not ever if we can't contact the king or the chipmunk twins. 

Just then, the screen on the monitor comes on. It's Chip and Dale. 

Chip: Guys, we've just received damage reports of the ship from the computer. What happened?

Kairi: An earthquake happened, and some rocks hit the ship hard. The engines are damaged, and we can't take off. 

Dale: Oh, dear. Don't worry. We'll repair the ship from the ship's systems automatically, and they'll get the job done for you. 

Namine: Oh, good. 

Chip: (Looks at his computer) Wait. Sora, we're getting a funny and strange energy reading. It's coming from somewhere in the city. Whatever it is, its temperature is at 1,000 degrees, and rising fast as we know. 

Sora: Do you know where it's coming from? 

Chip: (Looks at the computer) Hmm. Yes. It says it's coming from Wilshire Boulevard. 

Donald: But that's where the famous museum row is at, including the Tar Pits. 

Dale: Well, that's what it says. You all better get down there, and check it out. 

Roxas: He's right. We need to go check it out. 

Sora: Alright. Chip and Dale, we're leaving you both to work on the repairs for us.

Dale: You got it, Sora.

Both: We're really counting on you guys!

The monitor cuts off from the connection. Sora and his friends leave the ship go check out the city while Jiminy stays behind to make sure the repairs go well. 

Wilshire Boulevard, 5:17 am

Mike is driving through Wilshire with Kelly and Josh. Kai is with his friends in their car. They drive past the May Company Building along on the right side and the Petersen Automotive Museum on the left. They're all listening on the radio from the news.

Newsman on radio: Like all of you, we here at the Channel 10 newsroom felt that big jolt this morning. It was a powerful earthquake. We're having trouble getting through to the police, fire, and other emergency officials. 

Mike: (Looks at Kelly) Put your seat belt on, honey. Remember? 

Kelly goes to put on her seat belt, but her body is still shaking fearfully from the quake , and can't put the belt in. Mike and Josh see this. 

Mike: It's okay. There you go.

He helps her put the belt in, and holds her hand. Josh holds their hands too. He smiles comfortably at Kelly. She smiles a little back at him. Mike smiles at this.