Wake up

Derek went into the room Meredith was in. He saw the vent connected to his once healthy wife. "Mer" he said running to sit by her and hold her hand. "Richard can I lay with her and hold her in my arms please" Derek asked. "Yes but be careful" Richard replied. Derek got on the bed and held his wife close usually Meredith would lay her head on his chest and cry when she was upset but this time Derek was the one laying on her chest crying. "Mer, please don't give up, I need you here with me. Please" Derek said.
Derek ended up falling asleep. He woke up the next day and Meredith still hasn't changed. Her vitals were still the same, she wasn't waking up or breathing on her own. Derek knew this was most likely the end. "Derek we need to talk." Bailey said quietly. "About what" he replied. "Meredith isn't getting better you need to make a decision are we going to keep her on this vent and hope for the best or unplug her" Bailey said fighting back tears. "I- I can't make that decision yet" he said. "But you need to" Bailey said. "Give her a week if she doesn't get better then that's when we will unplug her" Derek said as he cried. It has now been 3 days since Derek made a decision. Meredith still hasn't gotten better her vitals are the same, Derek swears she squeezed his hand but it's shows that she hasn't had any brain activity in the last 4 days. "Mer, wake up. I need you now please I can't live without you. It's not your time Im supposed to go first. Im supposed to die when I was 110 in your arms. You need to wake up. Please" Derek said as he held her close. Meredith still didn't show signs of brain activity. "I hoped that would make you want to wake up" Derek joked. "Derek you might want to go home and sleep in your bed" Richard said. "I can't- I can't go home without her- I won't go home without her." He said as his voice broke. "I understand but try and get some sleep" Richard said as he walked out of the room. "I can't go home without her" Derek said quietly. He then put his head on Merediths chest hearing her heartbeat that was provided by the ventilator. "I love you" he said quietly. Derek was in disbelief his wife, who has survived a bomb a drowning and a gunman can't survive a brain bleed.