Can we have them

It was the next morning. Meredith had fallen asleep resting her head on Dereks chest. She woke up to his warm arms holding her tight. "Good morning beautiful, how are you feeling?" Derek asked. "Good morning and I'm feeling ok" she replied. "Good" he said. Derek layed there holding Mer for a while until they decided to go out somewhere. "Where are we going" she asked. "It's a surprise" he replied. They got in the car Meredith was still kind of nervous but she was ok. Then they arrived at the hospital. "Derek what are we doing here?" She asked "well I want to see if you are healed enough" he replied. "Healed enough for what" she asked. Derek looked at her grinning "oh for that" She said. Derek took Meredith to see Bailey so they could get an update. "She looks fine, do you have any pain or questions?" Bailey asked. "Uhm no pain" Meredith replied. "But I do have a question" she said loudly. "Ok what is it" Bailey answered. Meredith and Derek looked at each other Derek could tell that Meredith was scared. "Mer what is it?" He asked. "Can I still have kids?" Meredith asked Bailey. "Well I'm not sure we could take you to OB to see is that what you want?" Bailey answered. "Yes please" Meredith replied. They got up to OB Derek and Meredith sat down in the waiting room as they waited to be called in. "Meredith" a Nurse said. They got up and went back. Meredith layed on the table for the OBGYN to examine her stomach. "Hi I'm doctor Herman" the OB said "hi" both Meredith and Derek said. "So what seems to be the problem" doctor Herman asked. "Well I was in a bad accident a week ago, and I'm not sure if I'm able to still have kids. My stomach was cut up really bad so I just want to see if I will be able to have a kid still". Meredith replied. "Ok let's take a look" The doctor said. The doctor took an ultrasound and examined Merediths stomach. " ok go wait in my office I will let you know in a couple of minutes" Doctor Herman said. Meredith and Derek sat in the OBs office waiting for her to come in with the results. The door opened Meredith could feel her heart beat 1000 times faster then it should. "So, you are most likely not going to be able to have kids due to the fact that your uterus was cut in the accident." Dr Herman said sadly. " Most likely, does that still mean we could?" Derek asked. "The chances of Meredith getting pregnant is slim to none if she does get pregnant it would be a miracle" Dr Herman replied. "Okay thank you" Meredith said looking like she was about to burst out crying. Meredith left the OB while Derek filled out some papers. Derek figured she was just going to the car but Meredith walked to an on call room and went in. She sat down on the bed and started crying and throwing stuff. She could barely breathe she was having a panic attack she needed to calm down or she would pass out. She couldn't calm down "how is this my life, bad things only happen to me" she screamed. "I hate my life I wish- I" she said falling to the ground.