Its over

It was now time to take Meredith off the ventilator. Will she breathe and fight by herself or will it all be over. "Derek we are about to take her off the ventilator"  Bailey said sadly. "I know" Derek sighed as he placed his hand on his wife's chest hoping to catch her last breath if she didn't wake up. "3, 2, 1," Bailey said. Derek cried "Mer, Meredith" he needed her to wake up. Bailey took the ventilator out of Merediths throat. Meredith took a deep breathe as Derek had his hand on his chest. And then the machine started to beep Meredith was coding. They couldn't save her because Derek already made a decision. Bailey pressed the button on the machine to stop it from beeping. Meredith had her last breath in Dereks arms. "NO MEREDITH, WAKE UP, Mer wake up" Derek screamed as tears ran down his face. "Derek calm down" Bailey said as she pulled Derek into a hug. "No, NO, THIS CANT BE REAL" he said panicking. Meredith was gone, his wife, his life she was just gone. "Why, why is this my life" he said as he walked out of the room crying. Derek was ready to go home now. He took all of Mers clothes and stuff that she had he was going to take them home and put them up so they keep her scent "I'm never going to wash this shirt it smells like her" Derek told Bailey. Derek arrived home. He went up to his and his wife's room. He looked around at all of Merediths stuff. "I can't do this" he said loudly. He eventually packed up all her clothes he wanted to keep them but not hanging up where he could see them everyday. Mers pillow still smelled like her also he held her pillow tight and fell asleep. Derek hasn't left the house in a while. Next thing you know it was New Years. His first New Years without Meredith. All the memories of her and him played in his head. Derek was now crying hysterically. He decided to go to the hospital to get his mind off of things. He walked in the ER about to go up the elevator as he walked in he remembered the proposal and all the times they spent together in the hospital. Next thing you know Derek was going crazy he was having a mental breakdown. His wife should be there comforting him but she's not. He knows she's looking over him but he should be with her not here.