New Year Snippet

Short Update again, Happy New Year everyone

---

Kara went out of the balcony in the hope to find Jason, he is usually in one of the balconies of the Wayne Manor, smoking cigarettes because if anyone in his family sees him, he will get reprimanded heavily about the bad effects of smoking on his body. Kara looks out the snow-covered ground, she rubs her hands together and blew warm air to her hands. A pair of arms held on to the railings in front of her, locking her in place. "Hey beautiful," Jason whispered to her ear, Kara closes her eyes tightly and calmed her heartbeat. They've been dating for quite a while now but Jason still manages to make her heart beat like crazy with just a simple greet. Jason kisses the back of her head and inhaled for scent, Kara turns around to face him and quickly caught the scent of smoke from him. 

"The firework display is going to begin soon," Jason said to her and slips his arms around Kara's waist. Kara sees Damian and Jon with Clark and Bruce who are helping set up the fireworks display, Harper and Tim are both busy with firework wiring and programming. The Kent family and Wayne family decided to celebrate New Year together again, while the Constantine family is celebrating theirs back at John Constantine's magic house. 

"Happy New Year Kara," Jason whispered to Kara and hugs her tightly from behind. "I made you something," Kara said to him and turns around to face him. "What is it?" Jason asks and brushes the white hair on his forehead. Kara took the parcel from her inner pocket and passes it to Jason, Jason looks at the wax paper wrapped gift and then glances at Kara. "Is this for the bracelet? I said you don't have to give me anything," Jason but smiled as he carefully unwraps his present and reminded Kara of Jason's Christmas gift. Jason gave her a rose gold ruby bangle bracelet for Christmas, Kara is sure it was expensive especially she saw the box and the paper bag branded with Tiffany and Co. 

"It's not much but I hope you like it," Kara said shyly. Jason finally unwraps the red wool scarf and he looks at it like someone just handed him Alfred's famous scones or Joker's head, a huge smile broke from Jason's face and he pulled Kara into a tight hug. "Thank you," Jason said to her genuinely. "I asked Cullen to help me make it," Kara said to him. 

"Yeah I know, the knots or whatever you call it is uneven," Jason said with a laugh and Kara immediately felt shy. "Oh my gosh! Let me fix it, I'm sorry," Kara apologizes and reaches for the scarf, Jason raised the scarf up and refused to give it to his girlfriend. "No, it's perfect," Jason said and quickly wraps it around his neck. "You're perfect," Jason added and stared at Kara, Kara quickly blushes. Jason placed his hand on Kara's waist and pulls her closer to him, he untangles the scarf from his neck and wrapped it around the two of them since its long enough to cover them both if they are close enough. 

"Happy New Year Miss Supergirl," Jason said and held Kara's face. "Happy New Year Mister Hood," Kara said and they kiss. 

Bruce turns away from the sight of the balcony and watches Damian and John kick snow instead, but he caught a glance of Clark who is smiling. 

"Are you starting to warm up to Jason?" Bruce asks Clark as they turn their back to their kids who are kissing on the balcony.  

"If Kara is happy, then I'm happy," Clark said and smiles at Bruce. 

Inside the Wayne Manor, Dick thanks Cassandra for bringing a slice of chicken pie for them since Kory is experiencing a terrible cold, she has to stay inside the room and Dick was more than willing to nurse his girlfriend and miss the fireworks display. "What do you need more?" Cassandra asks Dick and peeks inside to see Kory resting on her brother's bed. Dick looks back at Kory and smiled sadly. "We're good, I just hope Kory gets better," Dick said to Cassandra.