Heavy

Warning! The following content may contain sensitive themes of violence that might be disturbing to some readers. 

---

"Should I eradicate him?" Mara asks and Damian leaned back on his seat. "Do what you see fit, Mara," Damian replied sincerely. There is a smile tugging at the end of Damian's lips that is making Mara cringe and disturbed. "Why are you doing that to your face?" Mara asks him and Damian's face hardened.

"That's not going to work, you've been smiling creepily since our call began, why? Who did you murder?" Mara asks and Damian's jaw stiffened. "Nobody," Damian answered in a serious voice and Mara's eye grew larger. "You killed Maya?!" Mara asks in surprise, Mara has grown fond of Maya Ducard.

"Why would I kill Maya?" Damian responded. "Do you need a reason to kill someone?" Mara returns the question to him. "...I do now," Damian responded and Mara stares at him. "And what is your reason for killing Maya?" Mara asks and Damian's eyes turned into slits. "I did not kill Maya," Damian stated.

"Why are you concerned for Maya?" Damian asks her. "I like her," Mara declared and crossed her arms when Damian's left brow rose. "You like... her?" Damian asks his cousin in disbelief. "I am capable of creating a genial bond with a fellow female adolescent," Mara replied confidently and they both stare at each other.

"I met Raven's family from her mother's side," Damian informs her. "I don't understand how such an event made you smile," Mara responded. "You won't understand even if I explained it to you," Damian answered her. "I'm ending this call, I have sent you the proposal about Eth Alth'eban's health care with the tentative budget," Damian said.

"Yes, I will read it tonight," Maya replied. "Are Aunt Nyssa and Ravi-sensei still helping you?" Damian asks. "Yes, they've been very diligent with work, Aunt Nyssa has been complaining because this is the longest time that she's sober," Mara replied.

"Anything else I should be aware of?" Damian asks. "Our people have cooperated, the assassins have become more animated, Lady Shiva has been freed and we've been keeping a close eye on her to see where her true loyalties lie, the Darga prince is still assisting me, and the Tibetan cavalry is assisting in the castle's restoration, and so on with our people's needs," Maya reported to Damian.

"There's also a delay in the medicine's production because of Athanasia's absence but we've employed 30 new chemists, 20 apothecaries, and 15 assistants," Maya relayed the information to Damian. "By the end of this month, we can surely open a pharmacy in every town of Eth Alth'eban," Maya added and Damian nods his head.

"Good work, Mara," Damian compliments her and Mara fell silent, she took a few moments to relish Damian's compliment. It feels good to be appreciated, Mara smiled proudly at herself. "Why are you doing that to your face?" Damian asks and returned her question to him earlier. "None of your business, goodbye," Mara answered and ended the call.

Suren closed the book he was reading and looks at Mara. Mara frowned at the sight of Suren half sitting on the edge of her desk. "For the sixth time today, get off of my desk," Mara said to him and gestured at his leg. "Why do you not smile when I compliment you?" Suren asks.

"What nonsense are you talking about? And get off of my desk!" Mara asks and pulled open her desk drawer. "Hafid Al Ghul praised you for doing well and you smiled," Suren points out and turned to face Mara, he is now seated fully on her desk. "But when I compliment you, you scowl," Suren added and Mara peruses the letter opener from inside her drawer.

Mara inhaled silently and ignores Suren, she picks up a brass Egyptian-style letter opener and touched the side of the blade to test its sharpness. Unfortunately, it's not as sharp as Mara wants it. Suren peeked into her drawer and touched the letter openers carefully arranged inside on a red velvet cushion. "All I want is the reason why..." Suren moved closer to Mara and took the golden letter opener with a ruby stone at the hilt and twisted handle, he held it in his fingers and handed the blade to Mara with his hooded eyes staring at her. "You don't smile when I say the same things to you," Suren whispered.