Words of Power

Credits to the real owner of the art

---

Cullen, there is a chance that we will be fighting against the League and I can't risk amateurs on that battlefield, you haven't received proper training on any weapons. 

The metal clang on the ground as the throwing knife bounces on the ground from the target board. Cullen propped down the haystack and scared the foul resting on it, Jerry flapped its wings and moved to the other haystack. 

Is making clothes the only thing he's good at? He can design a whole collection for his whole family but that is still not enough. He's part of the Wayne family which means he needs to be good at fighting too. 

He is left out all the time, he is asked to stay put because he can't defend himself. He has no powers, and he doesn't even know how to use any firearm or weapon. Bruce even lets Colin come with them because he is a meta, even though Alfred did not join them at least he knows how to use a rifle. 

Cullen is nothing but a mascot in the family, a Jerry. Cullen faces the bird and Jerry titled its head to the side. "I'm a Jerry," Cullen said depressingly. "If you plan on eating Jerry, you will be in big trouble with Damian," A familiar voice said. Cullen got up and sees Batwoman standing by the barn's doorway. 

"Aunt Kate," Cullen said and Kate pulled her cowl off. "When Alfred said that you're home I thought you'd be inside your art room," Kate said and approached him, Cullen got up and pats the hay off of his trousers. "Not here," Kate said and her gaze stopped at Batcow. 

"Please tell me there's no Bat-sheep or Bat-pig that's hiding somewhere," Kate jokes and Cullen smiles sadly. "Come on, Alfred prepared tea," Kate invites the boy. "I'm no tea-person myself but you know the rule," Kate said playfully to lift the boy's mood. 

"Cullen, what's wrong? I mean, everyone will be back, they will be alright," Kate said to Cullen when she notices that Cullen looks uneasy and troubled. "Worrying will not help," Kate added and Cullen fumbled with his fingers to show his discomfort. "It's... its... not that," Cullen mumbles in broken sentences. 

"Then what?" Kate asks and waited for Cullen to explain. She's never been the best in giving advice or being an emotional comfort, truth be told, she sucks at it but she has a duty to her nieces and nephews. "I don't know how to fight," Cullen said depressingly. 

"And that's bad because...?" Kate asks and Cullen looks at her as they walk out of the barn. "I...I... well... I'm... useless," Cullen stutters. "No you're not," Kate said and looks at the newly repaired Batsuit that she's wearing. 

"Everyone in the family knows how to fight but me," Cullen answered. "That's not true," Kate answered quickly and then realizes that Cullen is right. Everyone that the family is close to knows how to fight, even her aunt Martha was a badass. "Cullen, you don't need to fight, don't you think that the family has too many vigilantes already?" Kate asks. 

"I feel so left out sometimes," Cullen said and kept his gaze on the ground. "They talk about villains and weapons and stuff that happened during the patrol. They try to include me in the topic of course... but... but... I... just... I don't know... I can't relate to them," Cullen laments. "Sometimes I... I... feel like I'm not even p...part of the f...family," Cullen stutters. 

"You know that's not true," Kate said to Cullen in an attempt to make the boy feel better. "Did you know that Damian learned to throw knives at the age of 3?" Cullen asks Kate. "Are you sure he didn't learn how to do that the moment he popped out of Talia?" Kate asks jokingly. 

"Aunt Kate, I'm 19 and I...I don't still don't know ho...how to throw knives," Cullen said and showed the spare throwing knives he has kept hidden under his sweater. "Woah, Woah, Cullen those look sharp," Kate said and slowly took the throwing knives from Cullen, Cullen sighed heavily when Kate took the blades from him.