Death and Birth

Credits to the real owner of the art

Raven closes her eyes and unclenched her fists, a purple portal appeared in the middle of the Batcave, Damian entered first followed by Selina, Kara, Lois, and Jon. "Be careful love," John Constantine said to his daughter. "Keep Kory safe," Raven said to her parents and they both agreed. 

Raven walked into the portal and Zatanna squeeze John's shoulder, John has the urge to light a cigarette, he's been craving it ever since they arrive but John walks to the resting Kory instead. "Imulitak," Constantine chanted and a yellow rune appeared over Kory and on John's wrist. Kory's eyes flutter open and immediately sees John Constantine standing beside her bedside. "I feel well, what did you do?" Kory asks him but John is walking away. John climbs on another hospital bed and Kory pushes herself up with her elbows. "Rest well Kory," Zatanna said to her. "What magic is this?" Kory asks Zatanna, Zatanna looks at her husband and John is already sleeping on the other bed. 

"You don't have to worry about it," Zatanna said to Kory. 

"I'd like to know he healed me please," Kory insists. 

"It's not healing magic, John just took your pain so you wouldn't feel it," Zatanna explained. 

"He took my pain?" Kory asks and Zatanna nods her head. 

"Right now, you feel how John feels and John feels how you feel physically," Zatanna tells her. "All your pain is being transferred to him," Zatanna added. 

"I can't let him do that," Kory said to Zatanna. 

"It's the least that we can do," Zatanna said to the worried-looking woman. 

"He must be hurting so much," Kory said and looks at John. 

"My husband is a strong man," Zatanna answered and held Kory's hand. 

"Kory, we care about you, if there's anything that we can do to help we'd do it. Raven cares about you deeply, and we owe you for taking care of her when we couldn't be there for her," Zatanna said to her. "All you need to do is get better, for all of us, because we can't afford to lose you," Zatanna added. 

"I want to have this baby," Kory answered. "I don't think I can live with myself if I lose it," Kory said to Zatanna. 

"I know what you mean," Zatanna said to Kory. "It's the moment when you know you're a mother, you are willing to give yourself up for your husband and child," Zatanna said to her. "I wanted John to quit the League because of it, I know John has the ability to change the world, and Raven is safer by his side," Zatanna explains. "Kory we understand what you feel, I'm a mother too," Zatanna says to her. 

"Look at all the people here who are going out of their way to have you here with us, we might not be your real family but we will stay by your side and honor all of your decision, all that we ask is you keep fighting to stay alive," Zatanna continued. 

Damian, Selina, Lois, Kara, Jon, and Raven found themselves in the courtyard of the League of Shadows, they are surrounded by assassins with their swords and knives pointed at them, but the group stood calmly. "What are you doing here? You are no longer welcome here," A voice said, Talia appeared from the doorway in a traditional Arabic dress with a deep v-neckline, Selina rolled her eyes and crosses her arms. 

"And you dare bring that harlot in front of me?" Talia said to Damian and gestured at Selina. Kara pulls Jon to her and covered Jon's ears. 

"The only harlot here is you," Selina answered proudly and brushed her hair, intentionally flashing her wedding ring at Talia. 

"Wench," Talia said to Selina. 

"Bitch," Selina answered back. 

"Enough!" Damian scolded the two older females. "Mother, we are here to acquire a device from you," Damian said to Talia.