R.I.P Ragnor Fell

Two weeks later, I was dressed in this.

I still haven't told him, I was finishing packing up when there was a knock on the door, I opened it up to see Magnus who said "Hey come on

I still haven't told him, I was finishing packing up when there was a knock on the door, I opened it up to see Magnus who said "Hey come on." I said "If it's about the wedding then no." he said "Actually missy, it's about Clary and Jace's plans on helping your mom." I took his awaiting hand and let him pull me to a table, we sat near a ton of books, Clary and Jace came in, the latter sitting down, Clary said "Morning." Jace said "Morning. You just come from training?" Clary said "Yeah. I'm working on my right hook." Jace said "Good. That's a good punch." Clary said "Yeah. I'm working on it." Magnus said "While this conversation is no doubt scintillating remind me why we couldn't do this at my place? At least there we'd have cocktails." Clary said "It's 9:00 in the morning and Tessa can't have cocktails." Magnus said "Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear." Jace said "We invited you here, Magnus, because Hodge can't leave the Institute. He's an important part of this mission."

Magnus said "Well, then where is our tardy little tutor? There are certain individuals that I'd like to avoid, so let's make this quick." Hodge came in and said "Pardon the delay, Magnus. I was following up on a lead. Now, we've narrowed down our list of warlocks to these three." Three faces showed up on a tablet. Magnus said "Why is Ragnor Fell up there? He's not more powerful than I am." Hodge said "Well, some would disagree. He is older than you." Magnus said "Certainly not wiser." Clary said "Who is Ragnor Fell?" Jace said "The former High Warlock of London." Magnus said "And one of my oldest friends. Very prickly, likes to keep to himself." Hodge said "Okay, look. We just need to figure out which one of these warlocks had enough access to Jocelyn that they could create the potion for her without anyone discovering what they'd done." Magnus said "By the early '90s, Ragnor was a professor at the Shadowhunter Academy in Idris." 

I said "Isn't that when my mother lived there? Could he have made the potion for her?" Magnus said "The little bugger! That's why he hasn't responded to my fire message. Ever since Valentine began hunting warlocks, Ragnor's been holed up in his secret country house just outside of London. For all I know, Ragnor suspected my fire message was a ploy by Valentine to lure him out of hiding. We'll have to confront him face-to-face." I said "Sounds fun." Hodge said "You're going on this mission?" Magnus said "Of course! I'm the only one Ragnor trusts. Besides, I've played my last hand here. Even I know when to fold." we stood up and turned around the happy couple was standing there. Lydia said "Magnus, I didn't know you were here." Magnus said "That was the point." Lydia said "We're just on our way to greet a few representatives of the Clave who arrived early for tomorrow's wedding. How long are you staying?" 

Alec said "What's going on here? Nobody told me about a meeting." I said "That's cause its family business." Magnus smirked at me as he nudged me, Alec said "Tessa..."Clary cut him off and said "Magnus figured out that Ragnor Fell is the warlock who can wake our mom. We're just bringing him back to the Institute." Alec said "How can I help?" Jace said "We're just recovering a warlock, Alec. We got this covered." Magnus said "Besides, you have emissaries from the Clave to meet. You don't wanna tarnish your family's perfectly-crafted image, now do you?" Lydia said "Again, lovely seeing you, Magnus. Tessa I assume you will be at the wedding." I said "Well you assumed wrong." Alec took her away and Jace said "Get ready. We leave in an hour." they walked away, Magnus said "I'm serious, I'm not taking you to LA until you tell Alec." I sighed and said "Fine, I'm going, don't leave for London without me."