Part 14

After the cool gel was applied to your stomach, the tech started running the wand on your stomach as you looked at the monitor with Paul. And immediately heard the sound of your baby's heartbeat beating like a hummingbird, as you smiled, feeling Paul squeeze your hand.

"So everything looks good. The fetus is right there." The tech pointed out on the scan. It was just a blip. But it was your little blip.

"There's also a note about scarring on your chart. Which makes this more of a risky pregnancy. No stress at these from my level I can tell you that. But you are going to be getting a referral to an OBGYN to see in the next couple days for a follow up about the specifics." The tech said, as she went to grab a tissue to give to you as you wiped your stomach off.

And just as quickly as she came with the ultrasound machine, she was gone, whisking it away.

Leaving you with Paul, who you could feel had questions. You felt him rubbing his thumb along your hand that was in his as you looked at him.

"Scarring. There's scarring. Why didn't you—" he started to say, as you looked at him and there was concern on his face, wrinkles coming into his forehead, as you smiled, running your fingers along the side of his face.

"I didn't want you to worry, that's my past. You're my future. This baby is our future." You said as you saw that there was anger there.

You didn't have to tell him anything at all. He knew what the scarring was from. His hands went to ball into the blankets that were laying on top of you.

"That just gives me more reason to do what I've wanted to do since we came out of this hospital the first time." He said, as you sighed.

Should you tell him what made you pass out? Make him even more angry? You thought, as you spoke.

"The reason that i passed out and hit my head. I was checking on my work this morning and someone was messaging me things through a messenger that I had on my laptop. I think it was Andrew." You said, as you saw the anger increase. Not in his face, his face went eerily calm and you knew that face.

That face scared you.

"I'm just going to make some calls. You should rest." He said as he got up and exited the hospital room.

You were ordered to stay over the night with the stitches in your head to make sure you didn't have a concussion, leaving Paul laying down in the convertible chair. Even through your protests, he didn't end up laying next to you in the hospital bed.

You turned over in the hospital bed, watching him trying to sleep in the chair, as your hand went to your stomach.

We're having a baby. You thought, as a smile crept up on your face at the thought. And of course it came before the discussion that you had with Paul.

Of course it would. You thought, your mind going through the honeymoon trying to pin-point the conception, as you felt Paul's warm hands on your arms.

"Your cold. I'm going to get you another blanket." He said as you stopped him from getting up, as he looked at you, still half asleep.

"You could lay with me in this bed instead." You said as you moved to the side, as Paul gave you a look like you had already half convinced him.

Since you both didn't want to sleep without the other next to them. Making this last night's sleep a challenge.

"Fine, but if a nurse bitches me out again..." Paul started as you laughed as he crawled in to lay next to you.

"Well I'll just bite her head off then for you." You said as he smiled holding you close to him.