Part 17

"Happy news? I would love to hear some happy news since I wasn't invited to this get-together." Gene said as he frowned at everyone, his eyes scanning across the group. As his eyes stopped at the shirt that you were wearing, that revealed your little secret.

"Hmm that's interesting, a little quick isn't it. Think it's even yours paul?" Gene grumbled, as he turned towards the table that had the burgers and hot dogs that were just taken off the grill.

You stood there for a second stunned.

I know he doesn't like me but to question this? You thought, as a pit started to form in your stomach.

What if Paul questions it? That i've been with someone else. Even though we've been talking about starting a family. Even before we tried. You thought, as you went to sit down, feeling the all-knowing feeling that you were going to start to cry. Your throat is tightening up, and your eyes started to hurt.

"You wanna repeat that? Or?" you heard Paul say, as you looked up at him, and saw the look on his face.

The eerily-calm look, except that one of his hands was gripping the chair you were sitting at so hard that his knuckles were white.

"What? Just saying what everyone must be thinking." Gene said as he looked in your direction with a frown on his face.

Paul narrowed his eyes.

"I know that not being invited to a party sucks, but dude. We literally went over to your house and you were there. This was a spur of the moment thing that they wanted to get us together. And well now we know why. But to make that comment, like come on." Eric said, trying to deescalate the situation.

"I'm just going to go, the doctor said that I shouldn't get stressed out because of the condition of this pregancy. So i'm going to go lay down inside." You said as you went to get up, as Amanda went to walk in with you, as everyone else stood their ground.

With Eric, Tommy and Paul staring Gene down.

"Risky pregnancy? You really are trying to get Paul to try and not tour aren't you with that? How much did pay off the doctor to tell Paul that. Wait, going even further, I mean are you even pregnant at all?" Gene said as he laughed slightly as he was filling up his plate, as you looked in Paul's direction and saw that he wasn't saying anything to defend you. But you could tell that he was shaking from the arms that was still on the chair that you previously occupied.

You didn't hear the response as you walked off quickly, opening the sliding door, as Amanda followed you in. As you slammed the sliding door and locked it before going to sit on the couch.

"Can you believe that asshole?! I swear to god I thought I knew what i was getting into. Apparently when you marry a guy in a band you end up marrying the entire band." You said, as you tried to get up from the couch, but Amanda stopped you.

"You need to rest. And now that I know that what you were saying is true about Gene, well I'm lucky I'm with Eric." Amanda said as she walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, as you both turned to the sounds of yelling out in the backyard.

"I need a drink." you said as you put your hand on your stomach and turned on the television.

"Yeah well you can't, but I can have a drink for you." Amanda said, as she went to sit next to you, passing you a cup of water.

"Funny, that's what Paul said before you guys showed up." you said, with a small smile, as you heard the shouting get louder, followed by the sound of a splash.

"Hm, i'm gonna go check it out, and i'll let you know." Amanda said as she patted your shoulder and went to go outside and came back in laughing.

"Oh you missed it, I guess Larry came out and helped Tommy and Eric push Gene and Paul into the pool." Amanda said as she was still watching from the sliding door.

"But that still hasn't detoured them from fighting. Crap." Amanda said slowly, as she went to open the sliding door and started screaming off in the distance, as you sat on the comfy chair with your water.

"Oh the joys of motherhood." You said, as you heard yelling coming from outside and then nothing suddenly.