Part 15

A week later...

You felt as though you cursed yourself for your questioning thoughts of why you had no symptoms of your pregnancy before you went into the hospital.

Maybe it was biding its time to strike, you thought, as you curled your fingers around the porcelain of the toilet wrenching your guts out. You wiped your hand on your mouth, getting up to wash your mouth out with water. Cupping your hand and putting some in your mouth swirling it. And knowing that that would not be enough, grabbed the toothbrush and vigorously started brushing your teeth and gargling mouthwash and spitting it out.

You flushed the toilet and closed the bathroom door creeping back into the master bedroom, moving the covers back slightly and laying back down into the warmth. Curling against Paul, as he moved his hand over your stomach.

"Are you alright?" He asked, sleep in his voice, because despite you being as quiet as possible you knew that you coming back into bed would wake him.

"I'm fine." You said simply, as you rolled over to face him. And even in the darkness you could tell he wasn't convinced.

"You aren't fine. You've been puking even if you think I wouldn't notice." Paul said as you felt his hand go to your back running up and down your spine in slow circles. Moving you closer to him, as your hands landed on his chest and traveled up to his neck.

You felt his lips ghost over your neck as you moved away from him. But his hands that were resting on your hips stopped your movements.

"I was just puking. I don't think you want to kiss me." You warned as you felt him smile against you before kissing you, slipping his tongue in your mouth. The hands that had been on your hips moved lower, moving the shirt of his that you had been wearing up your body.

"While I love seeing you wearing my clothes. I rather you wearing nothing at all." He said as he quickly unbuttoned the shirt, feeling his calloused fingers against your hot skin.

"You're trying to distract me." You said simply, as you looked at him and waited feeling his fingers brush against each inch of newly exposed skin. As he continued unbuttoning slowly.

"Thought you liked it when I distracted you..." he said as you rolled your eyes in the darkness.

"I haven't left this bed since we got home, except for going to the bathroom and taking showers." You said, as you felt his fingers go to move the shirt from your shoulders.

"You know i hear you talking but I'm not hearing you complaining exactly." He pointed out as you laughed with him.

"I'm just nervous I guess. I mean we've only been married a month and we're already having a baby. It's a lot to adjust to." You voiced, feeling his hands squeeze your shoulders.

"I know, but we'll adjust to it together." He said, as you felt his fingertips lightly touch the sides of your face, before he cupped your face in his hands, bringing his lips to yours.

"Now it would be completely different if you were a male seahorse. That would be adjusting to it." You said as you both laughed, as Paul sighed, quickly buttoning the shirt back up as you pouted, his finger ghosting over your bottom lip.

"Thought you didn't like getting distracted. Plus, since i'm up i should be making you two breakfast." he said as he kissed you and started to move out of the bed.

You glanced at the clock, and saw that it was early, too early for him to be doing that.

"It's 5am, we should go back to sleep." you said, as you lightly pulled him back in bed.