Chapter 15 - Seeing Double

February 16th, 2010 - Tuesday

Katerina will be joining us at school today, she's upstairs with Elena getting ready. We had to get her a backpack. The plan from there is that she'll compel her way into the classes that she'll need. A simple enough plan, especially since we all made sure to feed the night before.

We know that the transition won't be without some issues. Unlike in the books Katerina is not Elena's actual sister for one thing. Secondly the whole town knows of Elena only having a younger brother but no other siblings.  That means this rouse is going to be making big waves through out the whole town.

"How are you doing this morning?" I ask my sister/cousin as she comes downstairs with her bag, a small frown on her face.

Aunt Jenna frowns at Elena. "Yeah, what's up Elena? You seem kind of off this morning."

She looks away as if a bit ashamed as she rubs her left arm. "I - I feel kind of nervous. That and I don't really know my uh - 'sister' so how am I supposed to properly answer questions about her?"

"Just tell them to ask her." I answer back with a shrug of my shoulders. "She'll figure something out for the answers."

"You could also say that you were both separated because they didn't know she would survive so she was in a hospital out of state." Aunt Jenna suggests as she turns towards Elena.

That's about the time Katherine comes waltzing into the room ready for school. She looks towards Elena and then looks at herself again. "Well, at least we're not matching completely."

Elena rolls her eyes. "We wouldn't be matching at all if you didn't have the same jacket and shoes as me."

"It's not my fault that you have some good taste now is it!" Katerina says snarkly as she inspects her fingernails and leans against the archway of the living room. "Sister."

"Seems to me like you both have the sisterly squabble down pretty well already." Aunt Jenna says looking almost amused.

"Haha." Elena says with something between sarcasm and frustration in her voice. "If she starts to make me go bald I demand a refund. Besides my mom, seems to thinking that she still has control over the situation."

Katerina huffs. "Well - being without your humanity can do that to a vampire love. Besides, you will only go bald if I shave your head. Don't we have to go to school now anyway?"

"Yes, we do." Rebekah says as she takes a deep breathe and squeezes my hand tightly, the look of forced calm on her face. "Now.. if you'll excuse us, we are driving ourselves to school today."

"Are you sure you'll make it to school?" Katerina asks loudly as we walk out of the door towards the car.

So, in way of parting out the door Bekah and I flick her off and leave with a loud "Fuck off Kat."

We got to school about ten minutes before they arrived. Partially to watch the reactions and also to get some alone time to make out.

"I think I'm seeing things." I hear Matt say sulkingly as he eyes my sister and Katerina. "Because there are like two Elena's getting out of that car and that can't be right."

"Oh no bud." Tyler mutters beside him in confusion. "There's definitely two of them. Considering that cloning isn't a thing that's unlikely and .. she doesn't have a sister, right?"

Matt shakes his head silently, I honestly don't know if the whole Tyler making out with his mom thing happened or not. Vicki is still very much alive in this timeline after all.