Chapter 8 - Dates

It was early morning and I have ham and cheese omelettes on the stovetop cooking. Rebekah is supposed to be over early this morning with her brothers. Elena should be coming downstairs any minute with Aunt Jenna and then I need to come up with a convincing speech so that I can just get my GED and be done with it.

While the omelettes are finishing up I set the table for us. Now, if only I was this good at making pancakes. Aside from that I can make good tacos (but really, tacos are easy) and the occasionally good casserole. But I'm not the best at cooking. Sometimes I burn food, other times I just pretend that I'm much better at it then I actually am.

The knock on the door draws me away from the kitchen. Opening the door I see the Mikaelson's standing there regally, their postures straight. I let them in just as my cousin and Aunt come walking down the stairs.

"Bekah, come in." I say as I pull her into the house gently by her hand "Mikaelson's, come in. I made omelettes."

After we reach the table and begin to sit down Finn looks at the plate suspiciously and asks. "Are you good at cooking?"

"Not always, I can't cook a whole lot of things. But omelettes I'm good at. I can't cook pancakes. So at least you're not going to end up poisoned man." I say with a smirk as I look at him amused.

"Well, I think that it looks lovely." Rebekah says happily as she sits beside me. "What kind of omelettes are they?"

"Ham and cheese."

"Why would you guys think that Jeremy wanted to poison you?" Elena asks as she cautiously looks at her plate with a deep frown and pokes it with her fork.

"I think that they were just joking Elena." Aunt Jenna says then with a small smile on her face "it looks nice Jere."

"Thank you." I tell her kindly with a smile before glancing towards them. "So, have you checked out the town yet?"

"No." Finn admits with a small shrug. "But we shall of course."

Kol nods. "It's been quite a long time since we've been here."

I see Elena frowning and Aunt Jenna listening curiously. "But, how about you tell me your intentions with my little sister?" Kol asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Kol." Rebekah snaps angrily. "It is my choice whom I date, not yours."

The brother in question shrugs his shoulders carelessly as he looks at her unimpressed. "And that darling is why you are a lush. Much too easy sister."

"Man." I snap at him in disgust as I shake my head. "You can't talk to her like that. What the hell is wrong with you?"

Kol raises a bored eyebrow and shrugs his shoulders. "I am her brother. We all talk to each other like that."

"No wonder you guys have so many issues." I mumble under my breath knowing that they would hear me anyway.

Rebekah snorts as the others chuckle in amusement. "You don't say?"

I shrug my shoulders. My aunt Jenna clears her throat as she looks at Finn appraisingly. "Would you like me to give you a tour - Finn, right?"

He smiles at her pleasantly. "Yes, that would be wonderful."

"Oh." Jenna adds happily when she points at me. "Don't arrive too late mister, even if it's a weekend. You're still a minor."

I raise my hands in surrender. "Of course Aunt Jenna. I'll be back by 11 if that's alright?"

She frowns at me and then narrows her eyes before giving me a sharp nod. "Okay. By 11 and not a minute later."

"Got it captain!" I tell her with a wink and a salute causing her to roll her eyes and let out an amused huff.