Thirteen

You can't just break a good friendship with a strong foundation. And these four once young girls, now matured and grown up women, is the best example of it.

Maturity hit them hard. So hard that it broke them apart. But as you age, you realize that it's more exhausting to hold grudges than to forgive and learn. And that's what they did. They forgive each other for all the mistakes they've done. At the end of the day, they are all humans. They've learned what life taught them. They learned it the hard possible way. And now, they carry the lesson, set aside the grudges and go on with the friendship.

In this world, where everything seems to get more and more shallow, it's hard to find a friend that stays with you no matter what. And when you find one, you're considered lucky. But, luck won't keep a good friendship going. You have to work hard for it to last. And that's what these four dorks have managed to do. Making their friendship work despite the differences, despite the struggle, despite the pain.

Rosé, Lisa and Sunny went upstairs after getting Rosé's gift for the little girl in her car. It's a Frozen themed doll house. They were playing with it but Rosé occasionally spaces out with a wide grin on her face. Lisa notices but she didn't bother to call her best friend's attention. She's happy to see her this way. This is exactly how she is back then, when she started dating Jisoo. Actually, no. This is how happy Rosé was from day one of her relationship with the older Korean up to until the very last day they were together. Lisa used to be sick of that stupid grin on her best friend's face, that's why she always makes fun of her about it. But when that smile faded, she swear she would do everything to bring that back. And now that it's back, she couldn't be any happier. And she'd rather have the annoyingly happy version of this blonde than the depressed one.

Also, when you yourself have experienced smiling from ear to ear because of the little butterflies filling your stomach from the mere thought of hugging someone, kissing her, laughing at how she pouts when you call her name she doesn't like. Or being excited to go home and bake cookies with the little squishy woman in your house but ending up covering the floor of your unit with flour that you have to call cleaning services and stay on other hotel while they clean. Or just being happy with the mere existence of a specific person in your life, you wouldn't make fun of someone who's smiling their hearts out cause you know how good it is to fall in love.

Meanwhile, Jisoo on the kitchen is as happy as the blonde upstairs playing with her daughter.

"Stop that." Jennie said.

"What?" Jisoo chuckled.

"Stop humming like a silly high school kid who just kissed their crush."

"I uhm-"

"It's cringey."

"Wait, cringey? Since when you find love cringey?" Jisoo stopped kneading the dough for the dumplings they are making. Jennie didn't answer.

"Did Lalisa do something to you?" Jisoo asked hinting that it seems like there is something wrong.

"No."

"Then why does my hopeless romantic twin sounds like she doesn't believe in love anymore?"

"Hey, I do. I still believe in love. It's just that..." Jennie stopped and heaved out one heavy breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What is it?"