Chapter One: Teenage Nightmare

This story first started off in third person but iAm changing it to first person so the last few chapters are in third person. If there is a mistake somewhere let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter One: Teenage Nightmare

“It’s not what you know; it’s what you can prove.”

Denzel Washington Training Day

                High school. It’s the place we enemies are made, and friendships are destroyed. Everyone dreams of meeting the love of their life in high school. My sister Charisse and I walked down the hallway of River View High School. The freshly painted salmon pink walls reminded me of prison. The icy cold stares of the students set chills down my spine. With a school population of 3,000, it seemed that every inmate at River View High was there to watch the entrance of the two new students from Hampshire, Illinois. I, Liliana was a junior, and my sister Charisse was a senior. We both inherited fiery red hair and emerald eyes from our mother. Even dressed in uniforms, you could tell us apart. Charisse, the older one, always wore clothes a little tighter, a little brighter and a little lighter. My style was a little more toned down. I always wore pink or black and never wore make-up. People always complimented me on my natural red cheeks and lips, ultra thick eyelashes, and child-like large eyes.

                “What a great day this is turning out to be.” Charisse stated, referring to three girls now approaching us.

                This was our first day and I was nervous. I didn’t want to make a bad impression.

                “Hi, I’m Bibiane Adams.” Said a perky blonde with blue eyes. “This is Avian Clark and Malory Lee.”

                Avian was very tall, almost Charisse’s height. She had puffy brown hair and dark eyes. Malory was short and had a birdlike appearance. Her brown eyes bore into mine like a vulture, and her pointed nose was pointed up. She looked at me with disdain.

                Charisse began a conversation with the girls and I looked around at the students in the hallway. The students had to wear uniforms and were all a blur of white polos, and black pants. But one boy stood out to me. He had frightening ice blue eyes and jet black hair. He continued to look at me while a smiled played on his face. It looked as if he was about to walk up to me, but he turned around and bolted off, in the other direction. Weird.

                Malory noticed the boy and whispered something to Bibiane.

                “Ew, that was Jamanj Reklats.” Avian stated. “Stay away from him.”

                “Why?” Questioned a curious Charisse.

                “He’s crazy. Always having meltdowns in class and yelling at teachers.”  Bibiane told us, rolling her eyes as the bell for the first period class rang.