Chapter Eight: ET (Extra Terrified)

Chapter Eight: ET (Extra Terrified),

“There were only two choices now: live like this, or don’t live at all.”

Cylin & John Busby The Year We Disappeared

                “Is that Jamanj?” Avian questioned as she looked toward Charisse.

                “Yes.” I gulped.

                How did Jamanj find us?

                “He wants us to let the window down.” Malory stated.

                “Duh, Einstein.” Avian scoffed.

                “What should we do?” Bibiane inquired as she chewed on her nails nervously.

                “Do what he says. He does have a gun.” I demanded.

                Avian’s hands quivered as she struggled to let down the window. Jamanj’s ice blue eyes flickered in my direction and seemed to pierce my soul; his smug face conveyed happiness and relief. He propped his gun up to the window as if he was ready to shot at a moment’s notice.

                “That was so fun, killing that police officer. I wish I could do that again and again! Best of all, he deserved it. I hate police officers! You can’t trust them and they are always taking what’s yours….” The killer bragged and began to ramble. “So I’m going to be using this gun again if you idiots don’t give me what’s mine.” He pointed to gun straight at me.

                “Liliana go with him.” Avian murmured under her breath without hesitation.

                My heart sank. I knew Avian was going to hand me over to Jamanj the first chance she got. She didn’t care about what happened to me. All Avian wanted was to be safe and I couldn’t blame her.

                “Alright.” I agreed.

                “You are stupid and selfish Avian! He’s probably going to kill her and all you can think about is yourself!” Snarled Charisse.

                “Shut up Charisse.” The brunette snapped back. “I’m just being logical.”

                “You are just being selfish.” My sister countered.

                “Hurry up.” Jamanj huffed impatiently.

                Honestly, I didn’t want to give myself over to Jamanj. I believed that he did intend on hurting me and I had a feeling that he was going to turn around and shoot at Malory, Bibiane, Avian, Charisse and Gage the moment I stepped foot out of the car. Not that I cared about Avian, but I didn’t want her to be hurt. I didn’t want anyone to be hurt so I did something drastic.

                “Okay Jamanj.” I leaned toward the window. “I’ll go with you if you promise not to hurt my friends or family.”

                “Why should I believe you will?” He inquired.

                “Just trust me.”

                His blue eyes hardened as if he was angry, but he nonetheless agreed. I opened the door and Jamanj roughly led me to his new car. His cold nails dug into my arm and drew blood. I was dragged to his car as he grabbed my arm like I was a naughty toddler who had gotten in trouble and he pushed me into the passenger seat. The car was a shiny black pick-up truck and I wondered who he shot to get it.