Preface

This story first started off in third person but iAm changing it to first person so the last few chapters are in third person. If there is a mistake somewhere let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preface

I was awakened from a deep slumber by a noise outside my window. There was an ear-shattering blood-curdling scratching sound scraping the window. I shot up out of the bed, flinging the sheets off my bed and across the room as if they were made out of tissue paper. I slowly crept toward the sound and carefully pulled back the curtains. The window revealed nothing but an old oak tree; its branches convoluted and twisted, leaning towards the window as if it were a sunflower reaching for the sun. But attached to the tree was a small pink Post-It. It read “You’re Mine” with scrawny angry letters in black marker.

What could the note possibly mean? Was someone out to get me? I thought, and darted to the kitchen, attempting to turn the lights on. Maybe my neighbors have a phone I can use.

I grabbed my coat, and an ounce of courage. I opened the front door and ran halfway across the street. Before I could make it, a car blinded me, its lights distracted me as I stood like a deer in headlights, then everything went blank…