Chapter Nineteen: If I Ever See Your Face Again

Chapter Nineteen: Now Afraid

“Never had I seen brutality like this; never had I known such fear.”

Karen Chance Touch The Dark

                I quickly shook away the thought. The person I thought I saw downstairs was Aliana. There was no way Aliana could be there. Jamanj’s sister had no reason to come to Mr. Leigh’s house. She didn’t even know my father. It was impossible.

                A thought came across my mind. What if Aliana did know my father? Or what if Aliana Reklats had followed me to the building? For some reason I knew that the person downstairs was really Aliana. This was not my imagination playing tricks on me.

                Why would she be here?

                “What’s wrong?” Gage asked again.

                “What?” I inquired.

                “Are you okay?”

                “Yes I am fine.”

                “Are you sure?”

                “Yes. Why wouldn’t I be?”

                “You said something about someone.”

                I shook my head. “I thought I saw Aliana downstairs but that is not possible.”

                “Are you imagining her again? Look Liliana I think Aliana is dead. Jamanj probably killed her because he is a crazy person. Maybe you are just-”

                “No! I know I saw her again.”

                “Like at the hotel?”

                “I saw her then too. I am not making this up Gage!”

                Dread crowded my head as I became angry. Gage thought that I was crazy and so would everyone else. There was no doubt in my mind that Aliana was downstairs. Why would I make this up? Why would they think that I was going crazy?               

                Maybe I am crazy.

                I took a few steps back from the window. A nauseating feeling hit me as I looked out the window. Aliana was no longer getting out of the car. It appeared that she was now walking into the building. I continued to back away from the window. The frame seemed to shrink before my very eyes and the room began to spin around.

                I need to sit down.