Chapter Twenty Two: You Bound Me

“It’s not fair-having to discuss strategy in front of the enemy.”

Stephenie Meyer The Host

                Happiness ran through my mind as I realized that we were finally saved. A cop stood less than a few feet from me and I knew that he was going to turn in Jamanj. We were tied up after all.

                The police officer that I had met earlier, Chip Willis, smiled at Aliana and walked over to her slowly. He shoved his hands in his pockets and stopped right in front of Jamanj’s sister.

                “Hello there Mrs. Leigh.” He blabbed.

                “Hey there Chip.” She responded coyly.

                I cringed when I heard him call Aliana Mrs. Leigh. She didn’t deserve to have my father’s last name and she didn’t deserve to have the same last name as my mother. Jamanj’s sister was crazy and I needed to make sure no one ever called her Mrs. Leigh again.

                “What brings you here?” Aliana asked him.

                “Nothing really.” He leaned in closer to her. “Where is Mitchell?”

                “He’s….around.”

                “You don’t know where he is?”

                The brunette shook her head. “Nope.”

                Chip laughed. “I guess that doesn’t matter as long as I am here.”

                “I guess.”

                “So what are you up to?” He tilted his head toward Gage and me. “It looks like they have their hands tied.” Chip began to laugh at his own joke.

                “It’s a long story.”

                “I’ve got a minute.”

                “Well they both deserve to be tied up.” Aliana huffed.

                “Of course you have your reasons.”

                I was not sure that I heard Chip Willis correctly. Was he agreeing with Aliana? Was this law enforcement officer agreeing with Jamanj’s crazy sister? I sat in a chair with my arms tied behind my back while Chip stood with a cocky grin on his face and a thought that Aliana was right.

                “Are you crazy?” I questioned.