Chapter Thirteen: Boom Boom How

“Damn my subconscious. Clearly it had a sick sense of humor.”

Kate Brian Revelation

                I felt a surge of energy pulse through my lips as if I were struck by lightning. My sister’s boyfriend had kissed me and I didn’t want him to pull away. Thoughts were racing through my mind and something in my head told me that this was wrong. I couldn’t kiss my sister’s boyfriend. My brain was screaming at me to pull away. My brain wanted me to pull away and smack Gage.

               When I finally managed to push him off of me, I could tell he didn’t regret anything. Gage had a smile playing on his face as if he had just won the lottery. The cocky brunette sat and stared into my eyes as if he realized Iwas the one he loved.

                “Why the hell did you do that?” I questioned, wiping her lips off with the back of my hand. “Are you crazy?”

                Gage smiled again and continued to stare at me. I could feel my face turning red as the blood flow rushed to my cheeks. I was so embarrassed that he kept staring at me. Why was he doing this?

                “You didn’t seem to mind very much Liliana.” He stated.

                “Well I do mind. You are my sister’s boyfriend.” I whisper-shouted at him to avoid Charisse hearing us because she was a couple of feet away.

                I was sure that Charisse would walk in any moment from the bathroom and find us in an awkward position. I was sitting on top of my bed with my hands clenched into fists and Gage was leaning over from his bed as if he was going to kiss me again. I did not want Charisse to think that I was trying to steal him from her.

                “Get away from me.” I leaned forward and shoved Gage back down onto his bed. “You are going to tell her what happened.

                Gage scoffed. “No I am not.”

                “Yes you are.” I argued.

                At that moment, the bathroom door opened and I saw the light pouring into the bedroom. Charisse walked in with her red hair pulled into a bun on top of her head and a tooth brushed wedged into her mouth. My sister looked around the room suspiciously as if she were searching the room for something.

                “What’s gotten into you two.” Charisse pulled the toothbrush out of her mouth and looked from Gage to me. “You both are looking all crazy.”

                “I have to go to the bathroom.” Gage stood up and ran past Charisse, slamming the door before anyone could say anything.

                “What’s wrong with you?” Charisse asked me.