Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I sat staring up at the ceiling in my room, I was quite sick of waiting around for m father. There were times when I thought I could hear someone standing on the other side of the door, but no one ever came in. I had convinced myself that I must be eventually losing my mind. I hadn't seen Draco since I arrived here with him and I was still pretty pissed at him for lying to me. I know he thought he was protecting me, but he hurt people not deliberately but he meant for it to harm Dumbledore. He mightn't have harmed Dumbledore but his actions led to what happened. I heard the key in the door as I sat up, Ceeley hadn't left long ago so it couldn't be meal time yet. Was this my father finally coming to see me.

The door opened and in walked a woman with black and white hair, once I instantly recognised.

"Narcissa Malfoy." I simply said, as she stood in front of the bed I currently sat crossed legged on.

"your father asked if I would come and check on you." She simply said.

"my father can come and see me himself if he would like to know how I am." She smiled at me simply.

"he thought being greeted by a woman would make you feel more comfortable."

"being greeted before now would have been great or better yet by my mother."

"you will see your mother shortly, depending on if you behave, how are you liking your room."

"it's a bit plain, not much to do."

"yes, your father asked that you be put in a room where you could concentrate on your thoughts. Not my first choice in the manor but he picked it himself." I looked at her as I really something.

"is this Malfoy manor?" she looked at me and simply nodded.

"now Amanda, why did you come here?" I thought about what to say before answering.

"I wanted to see my family again."

"your mother?"

"and my father." I added, some part of me did want to see him to see if any part of him that I recognised was still there.

"and what about the cause?"

"I will fight for my family and if this is the side they are on, then this is my side." She eyed me for a while, reading my face.

"you would leave your friends, have them hate you?"

"yes, because my family is the most important thing to me."

"you would fight for the side that killed your cousin." I flinched without realising at the mention of Cedric. "best not to flinch at the sound of that in front of anyone else." I looked at Narcissa eyeing her trying to figure out if she would tell my father about my rection to the mention of Cedric.

She started to make her way to the door as my eyes followed her, she turned back to look at me.

"I will tell your father you are ready to see him now." She told me before hesitating and coming closer to me. "I will also tell my son you are safe and well, for some reason he is worried about your wellbeing." She opened the door and slipped out locking it behind her as I sat there in shock. Did Narcissa know about me and her son whatever we were or would she think he was just curious? And above all now I was 'ready' to see my father, what would it be like seeing him again.

I found it hard to sleep that night, waiting to see when my father would come to see me. Tossing and turning in my sleep, I couldn't help but think if he was in this house, the dark lord and what he was up to. I was sick of the constant waiting, waiting for food, waiting for my father to finally come see me, I hopped off the bed and headed to the door.

I pulled at the handle knowing full well it would be locked, I started to thump on the door.

"I would like to see my father!" I shouted, there was no response as I kept banging on the door, hoping to hear someone on the other side. I could hear shuffling on the other side as I stopped banging. "hello, I would like to see my father." There was someone outside of the door walking backwards and forwards I could tell. I started banging on the door again, I was sick of waiting I would see my father today one way or another. I heard the key in the lock as I moved away from the door as it swung open, I was faced with Narcissa Malfoy.

"it seems your insistence has been answered, your father will see you come on." She said beckoning me towards the door as I stepped over the threshold. It felt weird being outside of that room I had been cooped up in for weeks now. I didn't have much time to think as I quickly followed after her trying to memorise the hallways of where I was. We only came down a couple of corridors before we stopped. Everything in Malfoy manor was the same, dark and old. It all looked the same.

"in you go." She said as she ushered me through the door and closed it behind me.

Standing in the room was my father, dressed in all black. His hair had growing a little longer and he seemed to be sporting some form of stubble along his chain, but it was him. He looked the same to me but different at the same time. The man I had known all my life but also the man I knew nothing about.