Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I made my way out of my room and toward what I had named the training room where we learned our spells, but I was intercepted.

"dad, you're back." I said as I looked at him and stepped forward to hug him.

"yes, I wanted to see how you were coming along."

"very well I think." I told him simply. It was very easy for me to lie to him now, sometimes I could even convince myself what I was saying then I had to tell myself why I was doing this.

"that's good, I'm glad to know you have been treated well while I have been off fulfilling the dark lords wishes."

"what have you been doing dad?" I questioned him.

"careful daughter, don't pry for information if you aren't allowed it. However, this I will tell you. I have been keeping an eye on things, the snatchers as they have been called." The snatchers had been named that for the fact that they have been catching any witches and wizards who are against them and registering them, checking for muggle borns.

"good work then father." I told him as he nodded at me.

"I actually have a task that you can help me with, the Malfoys are trying to claim it for themselves but we can help it along."

"what is it?" I asked him.

"it is better to show you my dear." I followed my father as he led me around the halls and I realised where we were going. He was leading us to the dining room, right next to the dungeon. He opened the door as he entered and I follow him.

"started without us have you?" he said as I followed him in and had to stop my emotions from taking over me. I was faced with the Malfoys, Bellatrix Lestrange, a death eater I hadn't seen before and Ron, Hermione and what looked to be a messed up Harry.

"so Lucius has he identified him yet?" he nodded at Draco as I stood beside him, I looked up and made eye contact with Hermione. I wanted to scream at them, to run to them, to rescue them but I couldn't.

"he can't tell with his face like that." Lucius told my father simply.

"well Amanda, what do you think, is this the great Harry Potter?" he asked as he walked around the room before facing me.

"what's wrong with his face?"

"stinging jinx, I think." Cackled Bellatrix.

"or he was born looking like that." I told them simply as everyone looked at me. "certainly doesn't look like Harry Potter to me."

"where do you get that?" Bellatrix asked as she faced the other death eater, the one I didn't know. He was holding a sword in his hands.

"it was in her bag." He said gesturing to Hermione.

"Cissy, put the boys in the cellar, I wanted to have a word with this one girl to girl." She said as she stood directly in front of Hermione. Harry and Ron were dragged out as Bellatrix faced Hermione. I started to move closer to Hermione without even realising as Draco grabbed my arm. I turned to face him as he shook his head.

"what else did you take?"

"I didn't take anything." Hermione looked scared, I would be to of Bellatrix Lestrange.

"I don't believe you." Bellatrix said as she pointed her wand at Hermione then at her arm as Hermione started to scream. I iwhs I could help her, but all I could think bout was my mother in the dungeon, now with Ron and Harry. I needed a plan, if I helped Hermione how was I meant to get us out of this, how could I get everyone out of this.