Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The great hall is in chaos spells flying everywhere, there lying at the feet of the entrance was Neville lying limp. I quickly run over to him.

"Neville." I say as I shake him. "come on Neville, please wake up, please don't be dead." I ducked trying to avoid any spells from hitting me. I kept shaking Neville as I could feel tears fill my eyes. "I refuse to let you die Neville Longbottom, now you wake up or so help me I'll kill you myself." I shook him one last time as I let him go I sighed as the tears fell from my eyes, I wiped them away getting ready to get up and fight. I was stopped in my tracks as Neville's eyes started to futter open in front of me.

"oh my god Neville."

"Amanda?" he asked confused.

"thank god you didn't die on me Neville Longbottom." He looked at the sword in his hand.

"the snake." He said as he jumped up and ran off, I jumped to my feet looking around me to see everyone else battling. I followed where Neville had ran off to, when he said snake I knew what snake he meant, Voldemorts. I needed to offer my help if I could.

I ran down the corridor as I held my wand ready to block anyone's spells and help if needed to. I stopped in my tracks as I saw Charlie battling someone, my father. I rushed forward, this was my battle to fight.

"leave him alone." I shouted as I stepped forward with my wand raised. "it's me you want." I told him, I looked at Charlie. "go Charlie, you needed elsewhere." I smiled at him as he looked between my and my father before running off.

"well the prodigal returns." He said holding his hands out and laughing. "I was pretty upset when you ran off like that, deceiving me like that are you sure you shouldn't have been in Slytherin." I squinted my eyes at him.

"I really hate you, I want you to know that." I told him. "you're not the man I remember but I guess all this time that was a lie. You took someone from me who mattered to be and I'll never forgive you. So yeah I hate you." He looked at me and smirked and was about to reply as I cut him off.

"expelliarmus." His wand went flying from his hand as he looked at me shocked.

"you let your guard down, by dad. Reducto!" I screamed as the spell hit him and he went flying backwards over the wall. I ran to the wall to see if I could see him, but I knew I wouldn't there was nothing on the other side but the vast space below. I slumped to the floor against the wall, did I just kill my father?

I gathered myself as I stood up and continued on my way to find Neville. I came out of the hallway as I skidded to a stop, where the hell did you got Neville Longbottom. I was stopped as two Gryffindors ran passed me, they looked to be fairly new, I hadn't seen them before. They were being chased after by a deatheater.

"stupefy." I shouted as he didn't notice me as he went flying backwards hitting his head against the wall behind him and falling to the floor. I looked at the two frightened kids in front of me.

"come on, it's alright. Let's get you to the great hall, we will protect you there." They looked at be still scared.

"Come on, how about you two join hands and one of you hold my hand. That way we won't lose each other if we hold on tightly and I can still fight if needed." I smiled down and held out my hand as one of them took hold of it.

I started walking slowly through the halls and back to the great hall, Neville will be fine on his own I told myself. He had the sword of Gryffindor, he didn't need me running after him.

As we walk along the hallways I am taking aback by how quiet it seems, there weren't many deatheaters it was strange. I was prepared to do some fighting but I didn't need to. I walked into the great hall to see everyone sitting around, not fighting.

"go see madam Pomfrey, she'll attend to them cuts." I told the two students as they ran off.

"oh Amanda." I heard as my mum came rushing forward and hugged me.

"mum what's happened?" I said alarmed. "where's all the death eaters?" she stepped back and smiled at me pointing at the person stood at the top of the hall surveying the room, Harry.

"no reason for them to stay if Harry defeated their leader." I looked at her and smiled.

"it's over.?" I questioned.

"oh darling, it's over." She said as she pulled me into a hug. I laughed as I hugged her back.

"mum, I think I killed dad." I told her simply.

"it's ok hunny." She said stroking my hair. "everything is going to be ok." I hugged her tighter as I surveyed the room, looking at everyone with smiles on their faces. Sure we had lost a lot of lives, but we won the dark lord was gone for good.