six

I held her arm gently as we walked inside, I could feel her body shaking from her inhaler medicine.

She always had bad reactions to her inhaler medicine.

I went to Ashton's office, seeing him at his desk.

"Hey- can you check her out real quick, she had an asthma attack" I told him slowly.

"Of course, come see me soph" he spoke calmly, making her walk to him.

He listened to her lungs thoroughly before listening to her heart.

"Take another pump, I'm not happy with what I'm hearing." He spoke.

She tried to whine- we all knew why.

Another pump would have her shaking even more and tired for the rest of the day.

"It's either that or sitting on oxygen in an exam room for the next four hours." He spoke to her, making her slowly bring her inhaler to her lips, breathing in another pump.

He hugged her, giving it time to work.

After a few moments, I heard her clear her throat.

"Better?" Ash asked, putting his stethoscope to her back again.

"Yeah" she spoke, relieving me.

"What triggered this one?" I asked calmly.

"I didn't want them to call you" she spoke, making me instantly move to where I could see her more.

"Princess, don't ever let something like that stress you out to this point again. You stood up for yourself, they can't deny your right to go to the bathroom, I don't care if they call me daily over your disrespecting them to go to the bathroom, don't let it make you upset enough to have an asthma attack." I told her, watching her slowly nod.

"You feeling okay?" Ash asked her.

"I'm okay" she nodded, hands still shaking.

"I'm going to take the rest of the day off, her and I need a bonding day anyway." I told Ash, leaving to go tell my boss.

Sophia.

Every muscle in my body was shaking, shaking so much it almost physically hurt.

I had even less energy than before, and I wanted to cry.

"Chest feels okay?" Ash asked me calmly, rubbing my shoulders.

I nodded simply, closing my eyes to try to focus on making the shaking stop.

"It's not going to stop, you're going to shake until you fall asleep, pretty girl" he told me calmly, making me whine.

Soon my dad ran back in.

"Okay- let's go home pretty girl. I'll be back to pick you guys up at five." He told Ash as he took my inhaler out of my hand, guiding me to the door.

"Okay, keep my girl happy." Ashton spoke.

By the time we got home I was miserable and on the verge of tears.

My whole body was tensed and shaking- I hated the way my body reacted to inhalers.

"Make it stop" I whined to my dad.

"Let's go to sleep, come inside and let's go lay down." He told me calmly.

I didn't even want to move.

Luke.

My poor baby.

I watched her struggle to get out the car before I stopped her, picking her up gently, carrying her inside.

We went straight to my room, where I instantly laid down with her, hugging her tightly.

I hugged her shaking and whining body until I felt her finally relax- telling me she had fallen asleep.

"Thank you god" I exhaled, kissing her head- knowing it had to have been a relief for that to stop.

And I wasn't far behind her