twenty-four

Sophia.

I woke up to a phone full of missed calls, text messages and voicemails.

I decided not to open them just yet.

I quickly showered, brushed my wet hair and teeth before hearing my phone ring again, seeing Calum's name.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Shit- Sophia, thank god" he exhaled.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Your dad is in jail."

I felt my heart drop, but yet- I wanted to laugh.

"Why?" I quickly asked.

"Apparently last night he fell asleep outside your hotel room and someone called security on him, when the cops got there he had no ID on him therefore he couldn't prove you to be his daughter, so he was taken into custody." He told me slowly.

My dad was right outside my room and I didn't know it.

"What the hell, go get him out-" "they won't let us get him, you have to go and present your ID along with his."

"I can leave the hotel?" I felt pure excitement.

"We don't have anymore choices. Your dads car is in the parking lot, he said his keys are in it, keep your mask and gloves on when you're in his car, although we always shower and sanitize before we get in the vehicles, we still don't want to take any chances." He told me.

He stayed on the phone with me as I braided my hair, threw on leggings and one of Ashton's t-shirts before slipping on high top white converse and leaving the room.

He told me about how upset everyone was that they missed my birthday, but I played it off as if it didn't bother me at all.

I quickly went into my dads car, grabbing his wallet before taking his keys out, locking it.

I called an Uber and was picked up, going to the police department.

I missed the outside.

I just wanted to go out and walk the streets one more time.

I went into the police department, seeing almost no one.

I went to the desk, seeing a nice lady

"How can I help you?" She smiled.

"My dad- Luke Hemmings was taken into custody for sitting outside of my hotel room."

Luke.

"My dad- Luke Hemmings-" my head popped up at my angels voice.

I could barley see her arm from around the corner, but I knew that was my baby.

I listened as they talked about our ID's and contact information.

"Okay Hemmings- you're free. I don't recommend sitting outside of anyone's hotel room without your ID ever again." An officer laughed as he took the handcuffs off of me.

"You don't have to worry about that ever happening again." I assured him.

I instantly got up, and in that moment

Both her and I completely forgot about the virus

We completely forgot about a pandemic

We completely forgot about her asthma

We completely forgot about anything but how much we missed each other

And I had never felt her hug me tighter in my entire life.

I held onto her as if I were going to lose her

And then it hit me.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic

And my baby has sever asthma

"Shit"