seven

Luke.

I woke up to Sophia stretching in my arms, making me also break out into a stretch.

"Hi" I spoke, kissing her forehead.

"Hey" she spoke back to me through a small laugh, hugging me gently.

"Feeling okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah" she spoke to me.

"Can we eat, I'm hungry" she spoke, which was rare of her to ask to eat, so I instantly agreed.

We went downstairs, searching through the fridge for a moment before we agreed on cheese sticks, instantly starting to bake them.

We sat on the counter together, talking and catch up on life.

"How's soccer?" I asked her.

"Really good, I'm co-captain, coach says since next year is my senior year, I'll be captain" she smiled lightly.

"That's awesome, I'm proud of you" I told her, kissing her forehead.

Sophia.

We ate together and soon we were heading back to the hospital to pick up the guys.

"First case of COVID in the US" Calum instantly announced as soon as he got into the car.

"Where?" My dad asked quickly.

"New York, spreading rapidly." He spoke.

"Well- New York is a good distance away-" "it's also a good distance away from China, it still managed to get there" Michael mumbled.

"What's the hospitals plan?" Dad asked.

"Social distancing, mask requirement and hand sanitizer stations everywhere."

"I have a feeling that won't be very efficient-" "it won't be" ash sighed in agreement.

We all went home, Calum cooked a huge dinner and we ate together- conversation about the virus filling the air.

"All I know is, Sophia can't get it, therefore we can't get it either." My dad spoke calmly.

"So we have to take real precautions and distance ourself from the virus as much as possible." Ashton agreed, nodding.

"Can we talk about something else?" I asked, the negativity in the conversation just dragging me down.

"Of course" Michael spoke, smiling to me.

"How was school?" Cal asked.

"Horrible" I laughed lightly.

"Someone's teacher wouldn't let her go to the bathroom, so she stood up for herself and ended up getting called to the office where she proceeded to panic herself into an asthma attack because she didn't want her principal to call me while I was at school" my dad explained swiftly.

"Why the fuck would a teacher not let someone go to the bathroom?" Ashton shot out.

I shrugged

"It's fucking stupid, I swear I hate that school" dad spoke, rubbing his face.

"Can we watch a movie?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah. Let's go watch a movie."