nineteen

I went to run for the doors that connected the two wings, but Calum grabbed me.

"Luke." He spoke sternly

"Calum?" I questioned.

He knew I was going to get to her.

"You're not going to help anything." He spoke, stating to me.

"That is my baby- she could have COVID-"

"She doesn't." He told her sternly.

"You don't know anything-"

"I do know that she's in the other wing of the hospital, they don't let any symptoms of Covid in over there. I do know that if you go through those doors, you're putting not only her but hundreds of other people at risk- I do not want to see anyone else on those ventilators, Luke." Calum spoke.

"I have to call her" I panicked.

"I have an even better idea, let's call that wing and speak to her doctor directly."

I thanked god he was here.

Sophia.

Shaking.
Not cold, but surely shaking.

I wanted my Dad.

"Doctor Reid, call for you on line three" a lady spoke to him.

He went to the phone beside my bed, picking it up.

"Doctor Hemmings, yes I do have Sophia." He spoke, making me look to him.

"Yes- she is stable, her heart rate is still a little high, but she's a bit shaken up." He spoke.

"So basically she ran in, barely able to breathe, her inhaler in hand. I hooked her on basic oxygen and gave her an IV, which her body quickly accepted." He spoke simply.

"Yes, she has the shakes horribly and I think she's getting a bit tired, but still requesting to return to the hotel." He spoke.

"Yes- here she is"

He was going to yell at me.

I brought the phone to my ear

"Hey" I mumbled.

"Princess, are you okay?" His voice sounded panicked

I felt pure relief.

"Yeah- I'm okay now. I'm sorry I left the hotel room- I just couldn't breathe and no one was answering-" "Soph, you handled that situation perfectly. I wouldn't have even been mad if you wouldn't have worn a mask, you had to have been struggling to come here, I'm so sorry my love." He spoke calmly.

"I do have one question, why did you walk and not call an ambulance?" He asked.

"It was a block away and an ambulance is fifteen hundred dollars-" "fifteen hundred dollars that I would have preferred to pay rather than you passing out in the middle of the street." He spoke firmly.

"I didn't really even think about calling an ambulance, I was just kinda focused." I mumbled, hearing him sigh

"Just- god forbid but if this happens again, call an ambulance and at least inform them that you're walking so if you do pass out- someone will be there quicker."

"Okay" I spoke calmly.

"I'm going to get an intern that hasn't been exposed to drive you home, I'll get Reid to fax your discharge papers to me so that you don't have to worry about a thing, okay?" He spoke.

"Can I see you?" I asked him, praying.

I heard him go silent.

"I wish baby, if I could without risking hurting you, I would- you know that."

Luke.

She went silent, making me close her eyes.

"I know" I could hear she was about to cry, she was trying to hold it in for me.

"Soph" I spoke.

"I'll call you from the hotel, when you get off we can FaceTime" she spoke, I could hear the tears through her voice, but I knew I didn't need to push her talking right now.

"Okay angel, I love you princess."

"I love you more"