🦅 LXIII: Sub (3)

A/N: Michimiya Yuuri, the left-handed player from last chapter is Michimiya Yui's (The Karasuno Girls' captain) little sister in this story if you're wondering why it sounds familiar.

You gaze at the other side of the court, seeing your opponents filled with a new found vigor. They're probably imagining some mean girl things in their heads, with what you guessed would be a play that'll totally make them seem the superior one here.

But if they wanted to prove how they're the better team in this match, they're doing it wrong. You couldn't relate either and you honestly didn't know why they're so eager to play a game when the obvious victors were already determined from the very start. 

But you could say the same to them. After all, there is already an obvious victor here.

...right at the moment you entered the court, and you could only apologize to them in your head. 

Ahh... You realized as you think about it. It feels like you're the one who's going to be a bully here in the end. And you feel Ushijima Wakatoshi's gaze from the audience, your line of thinking having the same wavelength as the one on his head and you just feel that it is. After all, why would he even watch here? It's clear he's keeping an eye on you and what you could do to traumatize these kids. You look at him from the court and nod stiffly, earning  the same nod from the athlete.

You sighed as your eyes went back to the court. You hadn't realized how when the third set started, but there were far more people watching your match. And it was your opponent's fool proof plan.

Though you don't really tell or much less care about the audience when you have a flock of sheep to take care of.

The match you were in was becoming more rowdy, more chaotic, and the grin in your face that shows up from time to time says it all.

But more importantly, it finally happened as the other team was becoming more serious, more eager to crush you and show how they'll defeat you in front of everyone else.

Though you honestly didn't care nor picked up on that message. It didn't really matter. 

You look as you watch the other team spike, their wing spiker trying so hard to smash it to the ground. A grin escapes her lips only for it to be washed off as you swooped in to receive it like it was nothing.

There were flashes of astonishment from the other side of the net. But you didn't really need to watch that. Right now, you have a problem.