🦅XXXVIII: Manager (1)

You were late. 

You had been cooking up meals here and there as per Ushijima's request. But in actuality, it looked like you were going on a freaking picnic. 

"I'm going ahead." He says as he walks towards the door.

"I'm going to kill you." You say to him. 

He looks elsewhere momentarily before he looks at you with a sigh. He had done something you were mad about and he could only look at you, uneasy. 

He woke you up late and to think he actually had the audacity to do that.

"You... Are quite dangerous when you're half-asleep." He says as an excuse and you raised an eyebrow, not having a clue about what he meant. 

"Okay, fine." You say, hands rested on your hips. He looks at you uneasily as he stands at the doorway. He looks hesitant to leave even if he says he was going early. Lmao what is he really planning to do then.

"Go. I'll follow you." You shoo him off and he lets you. 

"Will you be fine on your own?" He asks.

"I'll give you a call." You just say. "What time will you be there?" 

"Probably just in time for your break. I don't know how you guys schedule things here." You shrug.

"I can wait for you to finish." He offers.

Wow. He's certainly sounds considerate. But you know why.

"Yes, Yes. Goliath. But food isn't going to run away from you. You better go." You push him to the door. He nods as he looks at you before leaving. "I'm heading off." He says as he looks at you seriously. 

"Take care." You sighed then smiled.

You returned to the kitchen, feeling your cheeks puff out as you pout. You look like a wife right now.

But you knew better. You were more of a mother anyway.

"Phew." You say as you put the lid on the last bento you make. 

You were sort of irritated at the idea of being late especially at a sports events. But being reminded that it was a casual training camp made you less cranky.

You removed your apron and cleaned up. You wore Ushijima's Shiratorizawa jacket over a sweater. He had told you that you could wear it and you were okay with the idea. The thing was big on you, as it reached your knees. But you were quite used to it at this point. 

Before leaving, you checked if you forgot anything and fixed your long hair, tucking it in on the cap you bought. 

When you passed by a full body mirror from a store on your way to the academy, you couldn't help but look at your reflection.

You look like a tiny boy.

It was a good thing you memorized the way to the school. 

Just kidding, you had Goliath draw a map for you. But the gratitude you were feeling disappeared when you saw his map that maybe a gradeschooler could do better in making. So long story short, you still relied on muscle memory to get there.

The figure of the school's main building loomed before you when you arrived. This does have the feel of a powerhouse school though you don't know much to compare it to.