XXXVII: Concrete (2)

"J-Japan?!"

He glances at the direction of the familiar voice and he looks at them, a familiar tension appearing in the air.

"Hinata Shoyo."

"Kageyema Tobio."

To think it had been two years.

He smirked.

He looks at the two of them as he calls their name. They looked at him with a surprised expression and a momentary silence settles in the air.

He realized from the attire and the pace of their run, they'd found him the same way they did two years ago.

They must have ran off too far from their flock again.

But to think he'd still be called that.

"Its Japa- Ushiwaka!" The tangerine spoke in a frenzied voice.

"I know I can see it boke." His setter calms him down as he hits the former's head.

They sure do get along. They started bickering with each other and panicking at the same time. And the former Shiratorizawa ace only looks at them, waiting for them to finish. Some things never change.

"What brings you here?" He asks them.

The monster children looked quite frozen as they glanced at him with a panicked expression. 

"We were taking a run." Kageyama Tobio answers. The two of them calmed down and put on a serious expression as they assessed the former ace.

They've grown, the former Shiratorizawa ace realized.

Hinata Shoyo was taller now, his hair longer and he looked more formidable, more promising than he did back then.

Perhaps he won't disappoint and get on his nerves now, the former ace hopes.