🦅 LI: Ballgirl (1)

"If it isn't the ball girl." You hear someone say the moment you stepped in the gym and you looked at where it came from.

The Girls' volleyball captain was particularly early.

She says that line, loud and clear, almost as if to declare to everyone else what you will be for the day. And she got quite a few onlookers curious too as they suddenly peered in to see what was going on.

You blinked at the sudden declaration, as you have not been informed of anything.

"Me? The ball girl?" You ask as you suddenly look up to see Ushijima Wakatoshi looking at you, the athlete suddenly nodding.

He was just filling you up with yesterday's event now.

Apparently, the simultaneous practice matches being held around the gym demanded a lot of ball boys and since you have volunteered yesterday, the girls' captain had recommended you.

In the event, Ushijima vouched for you and you got the gist of the situation. You clearly have no choice but being a ball boy wasn't really a problem though.

"Will it be fine?" He asks you and you nod. Though his teammates wanted to ask a question contrary to what the athlete was implying.

"Will she be fine???" They wanted to ask.

It's a ball girl position. But boys hit different compared to girls.

You might get blown away by the force of the ball, or get hurt.

Plus, that wasn't all of it. With the sinister smile on the girls' volleyball captain's face, they were also rather worried.

But the look on their former captain's face were a contrast to theirs as he was the only one who was quite fine with this setup.

And when they raised the matter to their coach, the old man just told them to let you do what you want.

"She'll be fine." Ushijima Wakatoshi says nonchalantly again, repeating what he stated yesterday.

"Do you know what to do?" The highschool boys asks you, a little worried.