VI: Venting

You don't usually have that many friends. From your personality to the kind of aura you give off, someone like you wasn't bound to have normal friends. A girl like you needed a friend who could match your shamelessness and outspoken attitude. But somehow you do have a normal friend.

You have a friend named Ayaka, a foreign exchange student from Japan who helped you become fluent in Japanese. She was a friend who for some reason, had an obsession with dating athletes. And it was the reason she would drag you to see ball games from time to time, like how she initially brought you to see the match where you meet Ushijima.

She was a cute girl and the type you want to protect so her charms in attracting men didn't need to be question. And that fact was only made certain when you heard that Ayaka had started dating a guy from Wakatoshi's team.

Ushijima Wakatoshi's team had been practicing in the University for a couple of months. You've seen the team practicing against different teams and players, acknowledging new strength as well as incorporating them. But even if you did say you would train Ushijima, you don't always see him. You see him from time to time, asking him if the menu was working and checking up on his progress. You always get decent results and he looks like he was satisfied. 

He seems like he wants to talk more. But you could already tell. If it was about volleyball, he could gladly keep talking from day to night. He always seemed like his interest was piqued when you talk to him about your work. Your fucked up standards and viewpoint shook but amused him to no end. 

And for some reason, he'd keep asking you a lot of questions. Questions you could probably charge him but you feel like a conman if you ever asked for money in return. That was how your ordinary days were usually wasted.

But something unexpected happened that day.

Ushijima's teammate had done something he shouldn't. And the way you stormed in the gymnasium practically spells out how hell has been sent loose.

You didn't always show it. But you were a feisty brat. "Where is he?" You snarled as you slam the door open. 

"You shouldn't meddle with someone's problem you know." Some guy suddenly said. Judging from the tone he was using, he knows whats up and he's preventing you from going further. But he suddenly approached you and literally looked down on you. "Someone small like you should just act cute to get a guy's attention."

You look at him before kicking his balls in point blank range and the guy almost passed out. "Wow look at your small peepee energy, thinking every woman oughta flirt with you." You snarled and the others backed off as they lament the fall of their reckless brethren, and because they could sense the rather nasty mood. 

Ushijima suddenly stands in front of you, You wanted to say or do the same thing to express your rage. But you know.