XX: Barbeque

Claire Romero has always been considered short. Just kidding, you aren't considered short. 

Claire Romero is short. In a foreign country where girls were usually 5'4" or taller and boys were 5'9" at average, she sticks out like a sore thumb. And even more, if she's sandwiched between two intimidating athletes who towered at 6'2" in height.

You didn't know why this was happening but it was the weekends and you've met up with Ushijima and Norrie in the school gymnasium. It was coincidential and for some reason, he was there.  

"Ushijima Wakatoshi." Andrei Williams says to him with a smirk. And the stoic man adresses the former, like how an athlete would to their fellow athlete. 

"Andrei Williams." 

"Ew." 

Norrie says and the school's volleyball ace looks at her with wide eyes. You looked at her too, dumbfounded and entertained. You knew Norrie's timing of that comment wasn't just a coincidence.

"What?" The athlete's attention turned towards her in an instant.  

"Andrei. Williams. Ew." Norrie repeats and he glares at her. 

This wasn't a coincidence alright. She was picking a fight with him!

"Consider yourself lucky. I don't hit girls." Andrei says to her as a form of warning. But this was strange. Why is Norrie suddenly standing up to him? Does she actually have something that could make this arrogant dude back off?

"Sure you don't. Or I'll tell the girl you like that you like her." She says smugly.

He suddenly turns silent like he was at a loss for words and your eyes widened. 

Huh? That's it? Wasn't that... a little lame? Was what you thought, until you look at him and a blush suddenly creeps its way to his face. 

Your eyes curiously looked at his but he looked as red as a tomato the longer you look at it each other and his face immediately makes a frustrated glare. He suddenly turns his head to look away.

"This isn't over yet, Morgans." He tells Norrie and walks out.