XXIX: Check

You were training with Ushijima on the court. Ayaka and Norrie had told you they'd pay you a visit and you know they would probably bring up last night's drinking session.

You watch your friends enter the court as you dribble on the volleyball.

You anticipated to get asked thoroughly, sighing internally as mental preparation. But even then, you didn't expect the first question she asked.

"So are you two dating now?" 

You blink as Norrie asks immediately.

You see a grin on their faces and you only looked at them with a dumbfounded expression.

Lmao.

"Yeah. No." You say flatly as you looked at Ushijima and the guy just blinked.

"You didn't take responsibility?" Norrie asks you and you were taken aback. Why was she asking you?

Ha?

"Why did you not-oh." Norrie stops short. "OHHHH." You see the expression on Norrie's face change the moment she looked at Ushijima. 

You glanced at them back and forth.

It looked like they've reached an understanding or something.

What the hell was happening?

"What is it?" Ayaka asks as she nudges Norrie, equally as clueless as you, the both you waiting for a reply.

"He didn't tell her." Norrie says and you looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't tell me what?" You asked but your attempts were rather futile as you instantly got ignored.

"AHH." Ayaka says with a knowing look. And you frown, being left out from the conversation.

"It's quite surprising how you can move though." Norrie says and you blinked.