🦅 LXVIII: Search (2)

The Shiratorizawa coaches quickly did a background check. When Ushijima Wakatoshi told Washijo-sensei that he had a trainer, they did not find it strange. The super ace was bound to have a trainer sooner or later.

But what they did question was the fact that when they finally meet Claire Romero, Ushijima's trainer, on the day before the summer camp, she was someone who looks like... well, this.

A fragile and docile looking little girl that didn't looked like the surname she embodied.

But when they saw the short display of athletic superiority, it all suddenly made sense. His assistant made quick research and someone this big could be easily searched through the internet. And the old coach could only shake his head with a grin as he watches the plethora of your skills and achievements.

It suddenly made sense— why you were always looking so bored, so uninterested, and so... lax. There was no mistaking it.

It was a look of an elite— an elite at the world class ladder who have standards too messed up that she doesn't even know what was highschool standards.

So this was the reason why you had practically been flawless, almost perfect in being a ballgirl.

Ahh. And when they remember, they suddenly had this feeling that they have to apologize.

But there was this undeniable fact too— a monster was in this camp. A monster in par with their super ace was in this camp. And to think until yesterday, this monster was acting as some highschool volleyball boys' club temporary manager. 

Their breathing hitched as they realize.

What a waste!

Ushijima Wakatoshi walks towards you, his face a little brooding and you hear his voice trails off. "You..."

"You were training." He says darkly.

His teammates hears the tone of his voice, a little startled and worried at the same time. It would be a lie to say they didn't felt an ounce of fear when they heard him. It was surprising even for the athlete to talk to you in such a tone.

And even more so when you only grinned as a form of reply. But you get why he was this brooding. Sure, you've had night practices with Ushijima but you actually held back there hence why he was angry right now.