Flashback

I was alone, scared, holding that letter to my heart for comfort. I knew what was about to happen and it would be painful. Snow began to fall and when midnight hit it would be January first, I would finally be sixteen, it would be time to shift. My heart was racing, I prayed to the goddess for help, strength, love, hope, everything I needed. 

Suddenly a bright white light appeared so bright I closed my eyes. When I reopened them there stood a beautiful woman with long white hair and a long white gown. She had this glowing gold light around her. "Hello Aribella, my name is Selene, the moon goddess. This is my sister goddess Leto." I did not even notice the second woman with long jet-black hair smiling at me. 

"Hello Aribella, I'm Leto." I waved oh my really, I am so stupid. Selene raised an eyebrow "No need to talk down on yourself I know you are not stupid." Oh, my goddess my jaw dropped did she read my mind. She giggled "yes I did matter of fact. I know you have been in so much pain, sadness, I'm sorry I cannot interfere, or the future can be changed in the wrong way." She held so much sadness in those words. "Just wait until I see them, I will make them tell me everything and beg for peace. How could they be so heartless." Leto was filled with anger. "No offense but what do u mean to meet them?" I asked being confused. "You see my child when a werewolf passes, they come to my world they are divided from their wolf but the wolf walks by their side and they talk with me before they enter the realm for eternal peace." Stunned I just mouthed O. Tears began to fall " so my mom is she at peace".

The goddess looks at one another before Leto answers "I'm sorry child we cannot tell you that quiet, yet you have a journey ahead of you. You are special beyond compare." Selene bent down and smiled "you know you will be twice blessed so u will not have one wolf but two and so you will have two shifts tonight." I was silent what do I say to that. My mind is racing and knowing she is probably reading my mind from her scrunched-up nose she speaks calmly " no you will not have two different mates one as normal. And why you because after everything they have done to you and put you through you still love them, cherish the memories, you are brave, selfless, filled with hope and your heart is pure. 

That is why and being twice blessed is not easy either everything one wolf feels you will feel doubled feelings emotions. One wolf represents the love light hope everything a warrior fight for. The other will be one of strength protection leadership of a warrior." I am so overwhelmed I hugged her she was still but returned my hug wishing me luck. As they walked away Leto looked back at me "be well my child, follow your heart, both your wolves and remember you three are to be as one." With that, she smiled, and they disappeared and all of I sudden I drop.

The pain wasunbearable clothes beginning to shred, bones breaking and realigning. My bodywas shaking I cannot stand this. Suddenly, the pain was gone. I stood up now onall fours trying to get my balance I shake my head to get rid of the dizziness.You got this Aribella to come on you can do it. 'Of course, you can yourstrong like me.' I jumped back. 

Looking around. "Who goesthere." 'It's me silly I'm your first wolfDiana I'm in your head. Stay calm go to the water edge on the other sideof the cage look.' I did like she said when I looked in the water I am in disbelief.'Your beautiful Diana'. 'No, we are beautiful.' 

We hadblack fur as dark as the night sky with turquoise eyes and a dark turquoiseblue crescent moon on our forehead. 'It's timeAribella, I have to return I'll be back soon your second wolf isready to meet you. Stay strong you can do this.' And like that were atit again bones breaking until I am lying there panting. 

When do I stand, I amstill on all fours? 'Hellos are you there?' Hmmm, what is wrong why didnot it work. I look back at the puddle, but I am different I am now as white assnow same turquoise eyes and the same crescent moon. 'Aren't webeautiful?' What the I jumped and yelped, and she is giggling 'Sorry I knewyou were waiting since Diana surprised you, so I waited until yourguard was down. My name is Artemis.' 'So, I got somejokesters for wolves now huh.' 'Only with you but we are one we willbe here until the end. It's time for you to rest we will talk soon Aribella.'And like that she was gone my bones breaking realigning once again until I amnaked on the cage floor. I grab the blanket Jamie left me and curl underneathand fall into a deep sleep.