Ch 4: Barriers

(Y/n) almost fell off her bed. 

Damn that Tsukishima, how'd he even get ahold of my number? Creepy stalker. (Y/n) shuddered and laughed.

Unknown

hey. its the asshole from school. 

ok creep. missed me that much?

never that

how cold, i should call u the ice queen

fine, whatever suits you

not even one objection?

what happened to the real tsukishima??! 

why would i argue with a brat

This caught the smiling girl off guard. "Huh, so he thinks I'm a brat...only for hi-," (Y/n) stopped herself, clapping her hand to her mouth. 

"NO NO NO NO, who in the right mind would say that sort of thing," she cried internally. She wasn't going to let a stupid volleyball player break her wall. She decided to throw her phone across the room and not respond. Ten minutes later, she couldn't resist and typed her message. 

why would i argue with an obsessive stalker

you were the one to follow me into MY classroom.

i did not come for you.

we'll see abt that

goodnight

its literally 10 pm 

and? shouldn't a little girl like you be already asleep

sleeping is for the weak 

no wonder you look like hurricane katrina

STOP at least i don't have a mop on my head

Tsukishima couldn't help but suppress a smile, he had found someone who could banter easily. But he wasn't going to let some clumsy girl break down his own wall. He wiped the smile off his face quickly and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth. 

~~

The following morning, (Y/n) awoke, her heart feeling lightweight as a feather. She had completely forgotten about her inscrutable dream from the day before. But as soon as the thought crossed her mind, she was reminded of the humility and despair. 

(Y/n) shook her head, pushing away the memories. Instead, she thought of Fuyuko and Hinata and she smiled, grateful for the distraction.

Parking her bike, (Y/n) caught sight of Hinata and Kageyama practicing. To her surprise, Kageyama smiled at her, or at least, attempted to. Instead, it looked like he were gritting his teeth at a dentist's appointment. 

It was cute anyways and (Y/n) giggled. At least she wouldn't hide out in the bathroom to wait for Fuyuko. 

The three ended up tossing around the ball, Hinata mostly speaking about anything coming to mind, Kageyama yelling at him, and (Y/n) adding in comments and snorts. The black haired setter acquired his milk, his holy grail just like chocolate milk was (Y/n)'s. The trio walked to class, receiving a few stares because of the unexpected pairing.

Hinata and (Y/n) dropped off milk boy and headed their own class chattering away. Tsukishima's eyes narrowed at the sight of the two. 

"What a despicable couple." He adjusted his glasses. "They don't look good together at all."