emergency contact ~ 16

CW: Mild Arguing, Self Harm, Hospitals, Throw Up

recap from previous chapter: Evangeline and Spencer got into an argument which triggered Evangeline to relapse and Jesse had taken her to the ER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evangeline

As Preston pulled into the ER parking lot, Evangeline noticed that he put cotton pads on her wrists to stop the blood, that was flowing from the cuts she made earlier that night. 

When she stepped into the Emergency Room it felt like there was chaos all around her.  A nurse helping a crying kid with a broken arm; a doctor rushing to help someone who was throwing up viciously.The thought of throwing up made Eve immediately feel sick, and she could feel the liquid rising in her throat. The thought was quickly interrupted by a nurse approaching towards her. 

"How can I help you two?" She sounded annoyed, Evangeline knew that the nurses life had to be stressful. 

Preston quickly explaining everything and motioning to Eves opened hand. The nurse looked at the cuts processing what to say. "We have a private room for you over there" she pointed to a vacant room "Here's the admission papers. I'll come check on you later to talk further" she handed Eve a clipboard and pen. 

Preston placed his hand on Evangelines lower back as to push her into the empty room. She quickly filled in the form putting her name, date of birth, and filling out the medical information. The nurse came to collect the papers from Eve and told her she would call her emergency contact to tell them what was happening, which Eve brushed off. Waiting for any new news, Eve and Jesse were talking and catching up. Turns out he met this girl at a bar a couple nights ago, they intended it to be a one-night thing, giving her details of that one-night thing which she did not need to know and right before he was going to tell Eve another horrible detail the nurse knocked on the door telling her that Evangelines emergency contact was here, but the thing that blanked her mind when the nurse told her that she was going to call was that...

Spencer was her emergency contact. 

Panic immediately set in as she knew that she would have to explain everything to him, the same man who yelled at her telling her that he had feelings for her, the man who told her that she wasted his time, the man who, unknowingly, triggered her to relapse on alcohol and self-harm, the man who is currently standing in the middle of a busy ER room probably wondering what happened here.

What the fuck happened to me.

"Pres..." Jesse hearing the worry in her voice. 

"Hey what's wrong." Evangeline felt the burning sensation in her throat, the same feeling she had earlier when she saw that person in the main room throwing up. 

She ran to the closest bucket shaped item she could find, which happened to be a bed pan, she threw up just plain liquid, considering she hasn't eaten anything in over 48 hours. She felt a hand on her back rubbing circles on her spine. Just when she thought she was done more and more came up. She was exhausted, her body ached, her mind was tired, she felt like giving up.

She gave herself a second, just hanging over the bed pan panting, trying to catch her breath. Her hair had been held up, by who she assumed was Preston, making sure no puke got caught in your hair. 

When she stood up she immediately felt lightheaded, and slightly started swaying back and forth. She couldn't see who but a figure helped steady her and sat her on the bed gently. Toppling over from being so physically weak, they made no attempt to put her up as her eyes fluttered closed.